What is it? Set 318

Page 1 of 2
I need help identifying two of the items this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

1819: Looks like it lies flat, and something is placed on top, and heat can be applied around it's periphery. That might be useful for shaping/bending the wood forming the outermost edge of a wagon wheel. So I'll guess a pattern for a wagon wheel.
Bill
1822 Engine speed regulator... Controls throttle... flyballs move shaft that controls input.

1822: Guess: An adaptor to convert steam pressure into (pulley) rotary power? Darn awesome looking device!!! : )
Bill

Would throwing item 1824 over the midsection of a horse make it more comfortable to ride? I was born in the city, what do I know :)
Bill
Rob H. wrote:

modified form by a company I know as a gripper for tensile/compressive and torsional testing of products.
David Billington wrote:

# 1821 is a sex toy.
Roy Smith wrote:

LOL too funny
--
Kevin (Bluey)

1824 - If I recall correctly, is a "game holder". When hunting, this is hung over your belt, and any game you kill can be carried by putting the feet in the wire fixtures,
Norm

1823 looks like some kind of scorp, but it's too weak to be a cooper's scorp, and too dull, besides. Most one-handled scorps are small and very strong. Maybe it's for use on something soft.
--
Ed Huntress

Cheese, perhaps?

Aha! An interesting thought.
--
Ed Huntress

Butter, maybe. Cheese is generally firm and cut with a two handled length of wire.

There are no correct guesses for this tool yet so I'll give a clue - it's typically used outdoors.
Rob

Nope, it's not for use on trees.
Rob

I'd say it was stripping hair off of hides, except I think the tools for that which I've seen, which were actually curved drawknives, always had two handles. You used them with the hide slung over a horizontal post.
Could it have been for fleshing hides?
--
Ed Huntress

Nope, it's not for hides or other animal related use.
Rob

I'm always delighted to find something (or some word) that is new to me. I had never heard of the word "scorp". So... I did a google on scorp, and found only S-corp[oration] references. I dragged out my Chambers [British dictionary, used by crossword freaks.], found scorper = scauper. I dug out my OED, and found 2 references to scorp; scoff & a native of Gibraltar. So I went back and googled 'cooper's scorp' and found: http://www.toolsforworkingwood.com/indextool.mvc?prodid=MS-ISCORP
I've got a new word :)
But... I still find it hard to believe that 1823 is one. :)