What is it? Set 317

My guesses--none even slightly more than a guess this time:
1813 - Possibly a (deactivated) fuze for some munition
1814 - Dipstick for a tank of wonder bubble fluid? Mail or key holder for a modest apartment building?
1815 - Doohicky that's part of a guy wire system for e.g. telephone poles--possibly to allow two lines extending to two parts of the pole to be attached to one single stake? If so, it was presumably intended to be used with metal cable rather than rope as shown.
1816 - Possibly a temporary runner that could be strapped to a large heavy thing (like a log) prior to dragging it around. It also looks somewhat like a window prop, to hold old (non-counterweighted) double-hung windows open, but the small range of adjustment and long overall length make that seem unlikely.
1817 - Some sort of garment hanger or holder or former, perhaps -- maybe for keeping a hat in proper shape during storage or transport.
1818 - Paperweight? (My first thought was an electrical box coverplate, but there are no visible holes for the mounting screws.)
--
Andrew Erickson

Rob H. wrote:

1813 - Hydraulic valve lifter. Looks to be from a small block. Top photo shows it assembled incorrectly though. The push rod seat is upside down and the inner piston retainer clip is missing.
1814 - Something similar is used at the local dam to keep track of the opening of the gate.
1815 - Well it's a mix of parts. The large iron part looks like a cable choker clamp used in logging. The piece in the middle looks like a pipe nipple. The original part would be a slightly tapered swagged end on the cable.
1816 - Looks like the item I use when butchering animals. Used to hold the hindquarters apart by cutting slits for it to go through between the tendons.
1817 - If it was set up just a bit different I would say it was a marching music holder.
1818 - Looks like a decorative cover.
--
Steve W.

1815. I use to work in a cable shop in high school. The big metal part is used to make chokers for logging. These were put around logs to drag them to where they would be loaded onto trucks.
But it is hooked up to a rope with some strange thing attached to the end of the rope. Which makes sense. You would not be able to attach the original end peice onto a fiber rope that was designed to go onto cable (wire rope).
Wild guess, a home made rope to move cattle. They have big enough neck that the metal part probably wouldn't hurt them.

    O.K. I fixed it so I saw this before the guesses.
    Anyway -- posting from rec.crafts.metalworking as always:
1813)    This looks like a hydraulic valve lifter to me. Not sure     what model of automobile engine it belongs in, but that     is what I believe it to be.
1814)    Now this is an interesting thing. It almost looks like     a pendulum with rests for weights at various points along its     length. Not sure why, however, other than to get a wide range     of possible times.
1815)    Looks like part of something designed for testing the breaking     stress of rope or line. More details about the shiny metal     piece might help. And the suggestion is that the darker part is     not metal? It looks like forged steel to me.
1816)    Something to spread a load out over two ropes for balanced     pulling?
1817)    Looks as though it clamps something (a bag perhaps) between     the spring-loaded wood piece and the metal rod, and it hangs     over something of fairly large diameter -- perhaps a beam in a     barn, or a tree limb. Not sure what the "something" might be     though.
1818)    My guess for this is that it is a wall mounted light switch,     based on the size and the beveled edges. I would guess that     this is an electronic sensor -- you tap it once to turn it on,     and tap it again to turn it off.
    I wonder whether it is available in all ranks and suits? If so,     then it might be used to actually input playing a game.
    Now to see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.

Looks like I didn't word that very well, I changed it to read "The large metal part is about 5" long".
Rob

1813 is a hydrulic valve lifter from an automotive engine. Or a truck engine.
1818 looks like either a tile or trivet.

Nope, neither one of those.
Rob