What is it? Set 315

Page 2 of 2

The above statement is correct, the rest is not.

Guess: a room 'security alarm' device. hang it over the _front_ of the knob, If anybody tries to turn the knob from the outside it falls off and hits the floor with a clatter.

Nope, that's not it.

If someone tries to Unlock the door using the key, this thingie prevents those old fashioned keys from completely entering the lock.

Other wise sleep on floor with eye facing up. Perp turns door knob, thingie falls point first in your eye, thus waking you ...

This hook does not go into the keyhole, if that's what you mean.
Rob

No, but the rest of it could block the keyhole ...

I'm guessing as a signal of some kind, akin to the "MILK TODAY" sign we used to put in the window for the milkman.

Is it to operate a transom?

Say "goodnight", Gracie.
The answer has already been guessed and confirmed.
LLoyd

1803 is the spur they install on a gamecock for cock fighting. The real spur goes through the silver part.
1806 - cherry pitter?
B.
1801 is a "I need oil" marker to hang on an outside doorknob.
Cliff