What is it? Set 312

Page 4 of 4

Definitely a tomato slicer.
http://www.tradeeasy.com/supplier/35883/products/p895653/tomato-slicer-func = tion-part%3a-6375-inches.html
I could have found out before posting, but I never tried "tomato slicer" in my searches. "Egg slicer" produced lots of hits, but none used serated blades or looked anything like these tools. And a search all over William-Sonoma failed to turn up anything like them either (probably the wrong place to look when outfitting a greasy spoon.)

The spacing was slightly greater than a 1/4 inch (4 slices have 9/8" spacing.)

WOW, I saw one of these at an antique store in Buckhannon, WV today!!
I thought it was an egg or tomato slicer.
Mike in Ohio
Mensanator wrote:

What did they want for it?

Not sure. I was looking for my wife's dish pattern. Mike in Ohio
Mensanator wrote:

Drat. Since new ones are still available, they can't be worth much. But that wire handled one is obviously an antique and must be fabulously valuable. :-)

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:49:11 -0800, Mensanator wrote:

I vote egg slicer - every "egg slicer" I've seen that uses wires like a cheese slicer just squashes the egg.
Cheers! Rich

Nevertheless, egg slicers only appear to be made with wires.
Turns out it is, in fact, a tomato slicer. Somehow I don't envision hardboiled eggs being on the menu when my dad owned the soda fountain from where I'm guessing they originated.

Mensanator wrote:

It could be a grater of some sort.

Uh...guys, the game ended a couple days ago.
Turns out it's a Tomato Slicer.
http://www.tradeeasy.com/supplier/35883/products/p895653/tomato-slicer-function-part%3a-6375-inches.html
Thanks for playing.

Castagnas!! Chestnut vender's cart.