What is it? Set 306

Page 1 of 2
A new set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
1748 If it has markings on the other side, I'd guess wire gauge or spaghetti gauge.
1750 The purpose is filling out or making automotive accident reports.

1751. Cigar Scissors. http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/2677 Karl

I believe 1746 is an older version of the Gestetner mailing label embosser. It embossed metal tags with an address. The tags then went into a printer device with a hopper for the stack of tags. As envelopes fed from one tray, the tags fed from the hopper one-by-one, and the envelopes were printed with the addresses.
It could be a dog-tag embosser. They looked a lot like the mailing machines, and some of them were made by Gestetner, Royal, and Smith- Corona.
LLoyd
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> fired this volley in

Close... it looks more like small-office version of a Graphotype, made by American Addressograph.
It made the plates, then an Addressograph mailing machine printed the envelopes.
("Any Boy or Girl can operate it.")
LLoyd

1747 security cover for padlock 1749 windshield ice scraper 1750 parking place design template ?
dan

1748 - drill gauge 1749 - tool for installing weatherstripping on a car door frame? 1750 - template used in making illustrations for written driver's test
1747: high security box for handcuffs. The cuffs go inside and then a high security padlock is fitted (often with the padlock being connected to a chain thats worn around the waist like a belt)
Used for high-escape-risk prisoners when they are being transported (at least in all the movies I have seen :)

Yes, it's for covering the keyholes on handcuffs.
Btw, I fixed my numbering error, I had 1746 when it should have been 1752.
Rob

1748: A die plate, used for threading screws or rods.
John Martin
1748 is a screw plate or threading plate. A sort of primitive threading die.
1750 is a template for filling out accident reports.
1751 is a cigar clipper.
And I think 1746 is for punching Addressograph stencils
Paul K. Dickman

1749 is a Frigidaire Refrigerator/Freezer ice scraper

This answer is correct, I removed the word 'Frigidaire' from the handle.
Rob

Now you won't be able to get $734 for it on e-bay. :{

He might have used Photoshop, not a power tool.

<snip>
Photoshop /is/ a power tool.
--
Richard Heathfield <http://www.cpax.org.uk
Email: -http://www. +rjh@

Think #1746 may be a Graphotype, in the 6100 series. See:
http://www.dogtagsrus.com/images/Graph_6100/6185_Comp.jpg
http://www.dogtagsrus.com/images/Graph_6100/6185_Front.jpg
http://www.dogtagsrus.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath '&products_id0&osCsidb181ba
For making military dog tags manually?
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Hey! I resemble that remark!
C'mon Rob.
LLoyd

Yes, looks like you nailed it, I've had a really busy couple of days and didn't have time for more than a quick search on some of the guesses, I obviously missed this one. So once again they've all been answered correctly, thanks for your help with the machine ID!
Rob

That seems to be it all right! I will pass it on to the owner of the shop. Thanks to all who helped.
Steve R.