What is it? Set 294

Another set of items has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

1678: Hook holder for snelled fish hooks.

This answer is correct.
Rob

1675. Carbide lamp. I'll guess for a car. 1676. Torque wrench. Don't know what for. Karl
Rob H. wrote:

1680 is a tow target for jet jockeys to shoot at.
technomaNge
--
What?

1675. Wild guess -- carbide lamp for either an early auto or a horse carriage
Is t just me or these things getting harder?
1675 Miners acetelyne lamp 1677 burr cutter for pipe ends? looks like it might fit 1/2", 3/4", and 1" pipe before cutting the threads. 1680 is a towed gunnery target
Rob H. wrote:

1675 carbide lamp for bicycle or car
i am sorry, no more silly guesses this week
greetings from germany chris

Yes, I found a similar light that was marked as being used on a bike, not sure if they were also mounted on carriages or auto as others have mentioned.
Rob
1678: holder for fishhook subassemblies (pointy parts in the hole, preattached leader through the blue slotted rubbery disk to hold in place)
Rob H. wrote:

1675 - Carbide lantern. Looks like it's from a coach.
1676 -
1677 - Looks like something used to deburr pipe for assembly.
1678 - Internal version of the above?
1679 -
1680 - Target sled. It gets towed behind a ship for gunnery practice. That one belongs to the 178th training squadron out of Springfield OH.
--
Steve W.

Number 1676 is a fan belt tension gauge.
Number 1677 is an exhaust pipe deburring tool.
Number 1678 is a clutch plate alignment tool.
Cliff whidbey.us

1675)    Looks like a kerosene (or perhaps an acetylene (carbide)) fired     lamp for a really old vehicle and I *think* based on the red     jewel on the right) that it might be a lamp for mounting on a     ship facing to the rear so the red marks the port (left) side.
    If so, there will be a green jewel in the other side to mark the     starboard (right) side.
1676)    A weird torque measuring wrench -- for tightening something     with slots instead of flats.
1677)    A wrench for reaching down (perhaps into a hole in the ground     giving access to a water shutoff valve. It appears to be     designed to fit multiple sizes with a single wrench.
1678)    Hmm ... it looks like an incomplete nose-hair trimmer for a     troll or other giant being. :-) There should be a rotating     slotted cylinder inside what is shown to use as a cutter blade.
    Really -- no real clue as to what it is for, so I describe what     it reminds me of. :-)
1679)    A hammer which also acts as a pin spanner wrench. The two     pins fit into holes of the same spacing, and the hammer handle     turns the whatever.
1680)    Looks like a towed target drone -- used for anti-aircraft     practice towed behind a manned aircraft on a *long* cable.     There seem to be some hits mostly on the upper wing (from the     current orientation, which appears to be upside down.
    Now to see what others have guessed.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
Rob H. wrote:

1676. Here it is: http://www.ntractorclub.com/forums/manuals/messages/1478.html
About two-thirds of the way down, on page 4. Don't look if you're still guessing.
Posted from rec.puzzles.

My guesses:
1675 - Appears to be a specialized lamp of some sort. Maybe it's an early magic lantern projector or some theatrical effect.
1676 - Torque spanner wrench, for tightening nuts or whatever with a notch in the side rather than the more common multiple flats. From the size, perhaps this was used specifically in the adjustment of some optical instrument (microscope lens or eyepiece, perhaps--too small for most camera lenses).
1677 - Wrench for water or gas mains, presumably so shaped because the corresponding valves sometimes get corroded and generally worn or mistreated.
1678 - This appears to be some manner of specialized reamer, maybe for making countersink holes in metal plates for large screws or rivets?
1679 - Hammer with two prongs. Why one might want a hammer with two prongs and what one would do with one if one had it, I haven't the foggiest idea.
1680 - Target for antiaircraft fire practice, towed with a long cable?
Now to read other guesses.
--
Andrew Erickson

E Z, Until I looked at the set of items again, I thought you were, for some reason, referring to: http://www.oldandsold.com/articles17/colon-3.shtml Kerry

1675 carbide lamp. Could be for a bicycle, motorcycle, or early car. More likely the first two.
1680 looks a bit like a paravane used to deflect mines away from ships.
Steve R.

1678 is a holder for fishing hooks.