What is it? Set 288

As I mentioned on the site, next week I'll be posting a day early since I'll be out of town on Thursday.
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

1641 Oscilloscope Camera?
--Winston

1639. I'm guessing a metal detector for nails and such when recycling old lumber for wood working. Couldn't find one that looks like it though. Karl

This is correct, I found one for less than $12, seems like a decent price for a metal detector.
http://www.manventureoutpost.com/outdoor/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_idI66
Rob

Best price I've seen. I sent the link to my brother. He does a good bit of resawing and I don't know if he has one. Thanks Karl
1641 Guess/vague impression that I've seen this before... Police radar horn/transmitter-receiver that slips over the window glass in the police car side window.
Not really any of my business, but... http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2009/06/10/man-tweets-im-out-of-town-house-gets-immediately-robbed /

Yes, it's an old police radar gun from the 1960's.

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2009/06/10/man-tweets-im-out-of-town-house-gets-immediately-robbed /
My residence will still be occupied when I'm gone for the day but you make a good point, thanks for your concern.
Rob

My guesses:
1639 - Handheld metal detector.
1640 - Strength tester for three-armed persons
1641 - Microwave (or other high frequency) feedhorn assembly, possibly used for a radar system of some sort. (One possible likely application that comes to mind is for an automatic supermarket door opener.)
1642 - Maybe a gizmo that was used with a handcart to help tip barrels back onto the cart when starting out. A rope or strap through the link could be pulled (or attached to the hand cart), and the toothy rim of this casting engaged on the far side of the barrel. In this way, the barrel would be tipped back onto the cart rather than forward off of it when starting out.
1643 - Seems to be a control lever for some kind of equipment. It could probably be off of most anything--forklift, loader, backhoe, some industrial machine, etc.
1644 - This would seem to measure out fixed doses of some liquid into the lower compartment. Perhaps it was used for dispensing/selling inebriating beverages. The little inner bucket fills until it overbalances, dumping the collected contents, and then resets itself; a similar mechanism, on a much much larger scale, is not uncommonly seen at water parks, dumping huge amounts of water on the patrons at intervals.
--
Andrew Erickson

    And I did not see it until Thursday anyway, because I was too busy to finish the newsgroup last night. :-(

    So -- I'll try my identifications before going on to read what others have said.
1639)    Looks like a wand used by the transportation safety types for     checking out aircraft passengers. A hand-held metal detector of     limited range and sensitivity to supplement the walk-through     sensors to localize what the walk-throughs spotted.
1640)    A really weird tool, which *must* have some play in some of     those riveted joints, otherwise there is no need for the joints     at all.
    At a guess, it could be used for turning a long screw after     clamping onto it -- but I'm not sure how it would clamp without     seeing other photos.
1641)    Police speed radar gun -- designed to clamp onto a window rolled     part way down.
    Looks as though it can be swiveled to point parallel to the     car's direction of travel, but at the moment it is set to look     at about 90 degrees to that direction.
1642)    Perhaps something to improve the grip on a bottle to allow     one to loosen it? Looks about right for the traditional     mayonaise bottle -- or perhaps for a Mason jar.
1643)    The description suggests that the far end of the pipe is open.
    Could be a control lever for some kind of earth moving equipment     or the like. It does not look like something designed as a     stick for aircraft control -- except perhaps in a homebuilt.
1644)    Test sampling at a brewery?
    Now to see what others have said.
    Enjoy,         DoN.

1643 could be a light-duty railroad switchyard control lever that had an electronic interlock of some kind.
Dave
Looks like a metal detecting ring. Martin