What is it? Set 285

Page 1 of 2
The latest set of items has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

1624 citronelle, French (?) for citronella, a mosquito repellent
Steve R.
1624 Citroen is lemon, IIRC, so it's probably for squeezing lemon juice onto the fish.
"RicodJour" wrote Citroen is lemon, (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Oh, Idon't know--I thought the Citroen was a pretty good car. ;-)

I'd love to have a DS or SM. Classics, both.

I'd love to have a DS or SM. Classics, both.
================================== Many years ago, I knew a guy who had a Citreon in Arizona. He used to drive it all over the desert. He took it places that a four wheel drive would have difficulty with. His secret? The Citreon air lift system. He would drive into a gully and lift or lower the car to make it the rest of the way.
I drove with him one day. I was thinking I would have to hike out. But that car went into some rough country and out again. I was impressed. both by the car and his driving skill.

Yes, this is correct, they are made in various shapes.
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

Only one idea this week
1625 A device for measuring something like rope.
Howard Garner

1623. Shoe display rack.
1625. An Improved machine, line measure.
1626. Saw blade after a SawStop got a hold of it.

bottle drying rack.
Leon wrote:

1623 - drying rack for bottles 1625 - measures (and cuts?) wire, cord, or something of the like

These are both correct, the rack was for wine bottles and the other was marked wire measuring machine.
Rob

Not fair. You photoshopped the original pic!
1622: log stand (hammer the prongs into a log, then the stand keeps it from rotating)? Right twist to attach, left twist to detach 1623: data cable organizer - the light duty model. 1624: traveling case for a lemon wedge? 1625: wire/rope measurer; every hardware store should have one. 1626: snow anchor (for glacier/snowfield attachment)
Rob H. wrote:

1624: Do a Google image search for "fish shaped lemon squeezer"
MikeB

I beleive that 1622 is a tool to hold a flywheel in place while working on a small engines

I agree. For loosening retaining nut or bolt.
Don Young

The owner of this tool had told me that it was a fireman's spanner, but I now agree that it's a flywheel holder, I also rotated the photos so that they are now right side up!
Rob

1621)    The main tool is designed for prying up something with a head,     and perhaps the other part is intended to lock it in the pried     up position.
    No idea what that particular something is -- though it might be     related to manhole covers of some sort or other.
1622)    looks like one of a pair of feet which latch onto something     also of cast iron. If so, it is upside down in the photo.
1623)    Display rack for something sold to consumers. At a first guess     it might have been spools of thread, depending on the diameter     of the spikes.
1624)    My guess here is that the design of the "fin" causes it to     flutter in and out as it is reeled or towed through the water.
    Does the pin stick out of the top when the fin is fully inside     the body?
1625)    Designed to measure out lengths of rope, wire, or cord of some     sort. I would guess that the pointers are friction fit on the     pins so you can set it to all zeros before you start reeling the     product through it. I don't see a lever for quick zeroing     otherwise. The visible lever lifts the clamp drum -- and it     *might* also be linked to a zeroing mechanism.
    I'll bet that if you measure, you will find the roller drums to     be precisely 3.8197" +/- 0.002" or so. This would give one full     rotation of the drum per foot of product pulled through. (The     figure above is 12" (one foot) divided by Pi.) I wouldn't     expect any units other than feet given its size, the New York on     it, and the apparent age. (Besides -- the size scales well to a     one foot circumference drum. :-)
1626)    Hmm ... the pins may serve as something to bend wire (perhaps     spring wire) around and the gullets are perhaps to hold one end     of the wire while the other is being bent.
    Now to see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.