What is it? Set 282

Page 2 of 2

1604 looks like sprockets from a chain drive, possibly a very old truck.
1606 is a wood splitting maul, these are still available.
1604 drive sprockets for a small crawler tractor 1606 Splitting maul with pivoting split enhancing arms
Rob H. wrote:

All except 1606 are rather wild guesses this time around.
1603 - Some early phony medical apparatus that used electricity to "heal," perhaps? Apparently receiving the minute current from a battery via a special brass roller is more medicinal than just holding the terminals of said battery.
1604 - Driver cogs for a tracked vehicle, replaceable when worn.
1605 - Evidently, a can is placed inside the pitcher and the lid punctures the top, permitting the contents of the can to be poured out the spout. I could see something like this having been used for motor oil (in preference to the spouts that mounted directly on the can), but the shape doesn't look right for that application.
1606 - Head from a funky splitting maul; the toggles spread outwards and force the two parts of the log apart. I'm not convinced these work much better than the usual heavy and relatively wide wedge design, but apparently some people prefer them.
1607 - I'd guess these are clips to hold a curtain of some slightly specialized design (possibly for e.g. a train sleeper compartment), but there are other reasonable options.
1608 - Looks vaguely familiar, but not enough to have an idea as to application. I'd guess that the cranking action actually operates more as a jack or winch than to spin the single claw around, but can't prove it from the picture.
Now to read the other responses.
--
Andrew Erickson

"Andrew Erickson" wrote

They work Ok on wood that is fairly easy to split. But if there is a big knot in there or some twisted grain, it is like hitting a big rock. The vibration and shock travels down the handle into your arms and hurts.

Not that one. it is what i said it is. Early tire tool for split rims.
--
Stupendous Man,

1605 - is a beer can opener