What is it? Set 263

Page 2 of 2

I tihnk you have it about right, but its probably for something bigger than a mouse or rat. But I think the bait is hung off of the wire, and probably there is some sort of cover that seals the bait in. The prey goes in the entrance at the bottom and climbs the tunnel, smelling the bait but unable to get at it, and at the top it squeezes out on top of the bucket, and the top tilts and it falls it. It might be a live trap rather than a drowning trap. The prey has to be quite large; a mouse or rat could easily get through the holes in the perforated tunnel....maybe its for squirrels or muskrats?
--riverman
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:30:23 -0800 (PST), humunculus

Don't forget, Rob noted it was only 9 inches tall.
I think it was a trap too, much like DoN. described.
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

1491 - Is for maintaining/sharpening saws, like a cross-cut. I believe they called it a "jointer". Used for gauging the height of the teeth.
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Here is a nice page describing how to use the "jointer":
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/fspubs/77712508/page05.htm
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

1490 looks like another "better mouse trap"