What is it? Set 254

Gentlemen; ABSOLUTELY nothing if perfect or even absolute, not even this statement.

The purpose of the trigger locks is to make it EXTREMELY difficult for my three grandsons to operate any of my rifles. Which by the way are also kept in a locked gun case.

BTW: the Chinese didn't invent gun powder until a long time after Confucius. And they didn't invent the gun until much later.

Dave Nagel

Reply to
David G. Nagel

No, I came up with it all by Republican Self. Between inheritance and purchase I have accumulated about a dozen or so rifles and shotguns and am a firm believe in the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution.

Dave Nagel

Reply to
David G. Nagel

and you keep them all locked?

why not just throw them away and be done with it?

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

You are going a little overboard with dumb questions.

You do not have to go way overboard to prove that you are stupid, you can simply be your normal self.

Related to your dumb question, there are different trigger locks, including those that are easy to unlock in case of emergency. Also, if you have a lot of guns, you only need one to defend yourself, so keeping others locked up is a simple prudent step to deter theft.

Ignoramus21227

How old are they?

Lemme guess--you've never heard a "Confucius say" joke before.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I keep them locked because I have three very young grandsons. The one that isn't locked is where I can get it if necessary.

Reply to
David G. Nagel

Six, five and three. When they get older I will teach them gun safety and how to shoot.

What does that have to do with anything?

Reply to
David G. Nagel

so you keep them loaded or next to ammo, but in reach of very young kids- but locked?

Do you kitchen knives have locks too?

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Do you feel you have competition in that area now?

Is this another great saying taught in the russian army?

Oh, I see. If burglars see guns with trigger locks, they just get frustrated and leave.

Locking gun away in a cabinet seems reasonable if warranted.

Gun locks on the other hand are just stupid, especially trigger locks.

the only thing that belongs in that area is a finger if you're going to shoot. Not dubious luggage lock nonsense that may or may not even work at all.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Dave, It helps to establish your "Best If Used Before...." date. No, wait, it might be some other date, which might be best identified by saying to you, "Knock, knock."

Flash

Reply to
Flash

Who's there?