What is it? Set 247

Yes, they are horse tethering weights.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.
1398 is a hay unloading device? I thought of that, but it seemed much too small. I have used several versions of a hay unloading device. They were all bigger and were thrust vertically into the hay.

I suppose if you were dealing with a small load and were unloading it from the side, you could use something like this. There are far better designs out there.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

The weights are used to calibrate scales. If you ever get to see the Inspector certify a scale for commercial use you will see them.

Reply to
David G. Nagel

Hey guys,

Actually, the weights are just "weights". Many uses, from scale testing as mentioned, to (also as mentioned) in my own case for testing and setting elevators and their controls during both installation and authority inspection.

The local Toledo Scale place rented them out fairly regularly for uses above, and commonly to test fork-lifts, and I've even seen them used to snub "cat-heads" on roof tops.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson