What is it? Set 242

Page 1 of 2
I've got another busy weekend coming up so the answer page will be posted early tomorrow morning.
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com /
Rob

1363: A brassiere-drying frame for women who have had breast implants. These come in pairs, usually.
1365: A deer chiller, to keep the chest cavity open while the dead deer is cooling off.
1366: A stick with a piece of metal on the end of it.
1377: A grapple for something dead that's sunk to the bottom.
1368: A drying frame for some kind of skin or pelt.

Although I found this one at the whitetail museum, it isn't directly related to deer, but it would have been used by an outdoorsman.
Rob

Then, it's good for hanging and drying wet socks. d8-)
-- Ed Huntress

Looks more like the frame for forming the outer rim of a snowshoe to me.

Yeah, that sounds better. In fact, now that you mention it, it looks a lot like the mold I made for forming laminated trout net frames over 30 years ago. It's a similar shape.
-- Ed Huntress
Rob sez:>>>> I've got another busy weekend coming up so the answer page will be

thanks, but no thanks.
Bob Swinney

One summer I set my laminated trout nets under a bridge every time it rained. I didn't catch any trout. I've been told that laminated trout are so waterproof that they don't bother to take shelter under bridges. :)

OK. You guys have made your point. d8-)
-- Ed Huntress

We've had to abandon fishing for solid trout because they're full of knots these days, and modern adhesives are so good that a laminated trout is as good as any other. And they don't split so easily. d8-)
-- Ed Huntress

1368. A bending jig for forming snow shoes.

1368. A mold for bending wooden snowshoe frames.
--
Ned Simmons

A protective "skull-cap" used by the "ALIEN"
Hi,
    Item 1363 is an antique version of the famous aluminum foil helmet, see:
http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet /
They are used to protect one's brain from invasive radio waves. (wink wink)
Thanks Roger Haar
Roger Haar wrote:

Laugh if you want Roger, but the word is that cell phones can cause serious problems. A tim foil hat might be just the thing afterall!
--

Richard

(remove the X to email)
snipped-for-privacy@Xearthlink.net says...

From where can I hear this word?
--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/07/23/cancer.cell.phones.ap/index.html
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Thanks. Good article. It doesn't persuade me, but it is responsibly written and explains the evidence, or lack thereof, well.
Years ago some people were concerned that high power lines caused cancer in people living near them. Scientists could come up with no explanation for how such a weak electric field could cause cancer. I recall hearing of a study in Europe that showed that it was the herbicide used to keep the lines clear of vegetation that was causing the cancer. Can anyone confirm this or is it apocryphal?
-- Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

I use a bluetooth headset, not to prevent irradiation. It's because those little phones are really uncomfortable to hold to your head. Karl

Interesting -- it was transformer on normal power lines, not living near high-power lines. It could easily have been the PCBs in the transformers that contributed to the effect, if indeed there is one.
--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

cavelamb himself wrote:

Only if you fasten it on with 1 1/2" staples....