What is it? Set 233

A new set of pictures has been posted:
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com /
Rob

1311. The money taker for a bus. Don't know the real name.
1312. Key lock box. Here's a fancy one. http://www.victorystore.com/realtor/accessories/master_lock/key_storage.htm I've only seen ones like on your picture page though. Thanks Karl
1307 Not an answer that is helpful... What it is is a D'arsonval meter in a nice clock case. What it is used for is a much more interesting question. As there doesn't seem to be a user accessible range select switch, what it measures can be stated in two different units, differing by a scale factor of 20.
1310 Hmmm... It would seem to be a bearing or journal to hold a small pulley, to keep whatever chain or belt runs over the pulley from spattering stuff (oil/water) around.
1311 I'm tempted to guess this is a gasoline pump.
1314 I'll guess this is a "Knock Box". A box to hold a key to a building that the police, fire or emergency services can open if the owner isn't available.

1307 Expanding on the guess below... How about a speed indicator for a ship... measuring turns and knots.

1307 Inductive ammeter? Does it have 2 different size grooves in the back or base?
1308 Box to carry old computer punchcards?
1310 Bearing box?
1311 No idea
1312 Key safe. See them a lot around here used by realtors.
Bill

I don't own it and don't remember seeing any grooves when I took the photos, here is a shot of the back:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album%208/pic1307a.jpg
Northe and Jeff have given the correct answer for this device.
Rob
R.H. wrote:

Hey! I finally know one!
1310- is missing two rollers, but is a bearing for one of those big old sandstone grinding wheels like this:
http://www.endtimesreport.com/pictures/sandstone_grinder.jpg
I have a complete one & can send a pix if you need.
MikeB
--

"Onward thru the fog"
-PowerHitter

Yes, if you can send a photo to me I'll put it on the answer page, please use the email address listed on my profile on the web site, I'm still having trouble with the account that I use to post here, and haven't checked it in months. I've been forgetting to remind everyone not to use that one, I'll have to check it this weekend and see if I've missing anything.
Rob
R.H. wrote:

Done.
MikeB
--

"Onward thru the fog"
-PowerHitter

1307. Old Hollywood prop used as a Flying Saucer Proxcemity meter.
1308. Medical Tongue Depressor Organizer
1309. Modern Nail Puller
1310. Ford Brake Caliper
1311. Modified Gasoline Pump with ability to display future gas prices.
1312. Key Safe

1308. Case for film reels. Depress the tab and the reel rolls forward.
John Martin
1308. Case for film reels. Depress the tab and the reel rolls forward.
John Martin
Yes, this case holds twelve cans containing 400-foot reels of 16mm film.
(I have about 25 of these).
-- Steve F.
1307: a two-range (filament voltage and plate voltage [B+]) voltmeter, to sit on the top of a 1920's-era radio. The switch to select ranges would be on the front panel of the radio itself.
Northe
Northe wrote:

And FWIW those voltages needed to get measured to see when it was time to buy new batteries, because the radio was powered by dry cell batteries.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

I'm pretty busy this evening, so just quick guesses without a whole lot of thought:
1307 - Rather obviously, this is an indicator for something, with a fairly standard looking moving coil meter movement (hence something that's measured with an electrical apparatus). The units don't really ring a bell, though; I can't think of too many things that have two measurements that differ by a factor of twenty. Maybe the lower set of numbers is an absolute measure (RPM of a steam engine?) and the upper ones an arbitrary scale.
1308 - Case for carrying a dozen items of unknown description; maybe 1/2" or 3/4" magnetic tape reels?
1309 - I think I've come across a (picture of) a similar tool somewhere, and I think maybe it was used to pry something in place by a wheelwright. I don't recall if it was the froes on the spokes or the metal tire around the froes, but the latter seems rather more likely.
1310 - This presumably is intended to fit over a shaft, and the lower part appears to have a couple of mounting ears that get screwed or bolted onto some support. Beyond that, it's a complete mystery to me.
1311 - Gasoline pump
1312 - Key safe, such as might be used by realtors who need to get into the house when the seller isn't around to admit them.
--
Andrew Erickson

1307)
    A meter for measuring both voltage and current. I think DC     since the scale does not show the non-linearity of the typical     AC meter movement.
    I presume that it mounts on a desktop or console, and there is a     switch to select between the voltage and current scale.     Assuming the lower scale is the voltage, and that 120 V is the     default value -- and that the current default will be close to     the same scale position, it looks like it is intended to be     measuring power to about a 1HP motor.
1308)    Not sure of the depth, but it looks at though it is intended     to hold reels of something -- 8mm movie film perhaps -- or     perhaps tape cartridges for backup tapes.
1309)    For nipping the end of a leather strap perhaps?
1310)    Appears to be a safety cover over a (missing) belt pulley.
1311)    A fare machine for a trolley car or a bus. The counters on     the lower face tell how many of each size of coin or token has     been taken in.
    The lever sticking out above that opens the trapdoor under the     clear enclosed area which allows the driver to spot fakes before     hitting the lever to pass them on to the counting mechanism.
1312)    "Lockbox" to hang from a doorknob of a house, and to contain     the keys to the house -- used by realtors to allow access by     multiple agents while (hopefully) keeping out thieves.
    Now to see what others have guessed.
    Enjoy,         DoN.