What is it? CXLI

A new set has just been posted:
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com /
Rob
805 hand-hold vise for fixing small workpieces
806 cant see clearly, what is that at the end, a claw/grip or a cone?
the others ... no idea
greetings from germany Chris
Howdy!
807: light switch 809: hand brake (apparently for both sheet and rod)
yours, Michael
snipped-for-privacy@radix.net | White Wolf and the Phoenix narrowwares
Rich Grise wrote:

On which side of the pond? :-)
R.H. wrote:

808 - Spark plug gapper

805: Ye Olde Adjustable Ratchet Wrench
806: Some sort of sampling tool?
807: Looks like an ordinary square pushbutton
808: Another typewriter repeair tool?
809: The holes and slots are possibly wire gauge scales. The press part, maybe for crimping a seal over the wires...
810: Worlds worst pizza cutter
result in a fully-depreciated one.

#805 A rather unique monkey wrench #808 Sparkplug gap setting tool?
scott

    Hmm ... rather early, aren't you? I'm used to seeing them on Thursday, but this set claims to have been posted on Monday. (Although I did not see the usenet posting until Wednesday.)
    Now I see a partial explanation at the bottom of the list of objects to be guessed.
    Anyway -- posting from rec.crafts.metalworking as usual.
805)    An "any size -- Imperial or metric (or even Whitworth)" ratchet     wrench.
    The collar around the handle selects which direction the ratchet     works.
    You can work with the handle at strange angles to the bolt or     nut, but I'll bet that it would be prone to slip off the faces     of whatever you were trying to turn if you put much force on it.
806)    Looks like a boring tool for fairly soft materials -- or     perhaps for ice.
    The top T-handle should be pivoted so the shaft can turn in it,     and the middle T-handle, when pressed down, would rotate the     cutting bit in the proper direction to make the cut.
    Hmm -- maybe not, blowing up the "arrowhead" shape at the end     seems to show that the head pivots on the shaft. In that case     perhaps it is to control a valve of some form, and the two side     "ears" on the middle 'T' pivot in some form of clamp, while you     turn the top T-handle. Maybe something like opening and closing     locks in a canal or something similar?
807)    Perhaps part of a door and mounting frame for a tape drive or     perhaps a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive? The angle of the door is     strange, however.
808)    I've never seen one of these before, but it looks to me to be a     tool for "gapping" a spark plug. The collection of feeler gauges     for setting the gap, the threads in the jaw to which the feelers     are pivoted hold the plug in place, and the "pecker" jaw presses     down on the movable/bendable point to bend it to the gap set by     the selected feeler gauge.
809)    This one looks to be for clamping on the edge of sheet metal,     and guiding a drill bit vertically thorough the sheet metal.     The jaws of the pliers surrounding the hole will minimize     burring of the metal when the drill cuts through.
    The notches are probably for starting a bend in the sheet metal.
810)    I *think* that this is a valve spring compressor for some style     of automotive engine. It would hold the valve compressed, while     you remove or insert keepers to lock it in place.
    Now to see what others have guessed.
    Enjoy,         DoN.