What is it? CLXXV

Page 2 of 2
1013: Tiikku key, hold it on the sensor and it lets you into Finnish shipyards
1014: Saw, or rasp (can't tell from just a side view) with adjustable depth stop.
1015: We call them 'spoons' Used for turning the sharp corner on a board into a bunch of gouges connected by splinters.
1016: Big spring compressor?
1018: Load binder, or tarp tensioner?

    Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking as usual.
1013)    It appears to be associated with something like a bullet-proof     vest, so it may be something like pain-killer pills inside. I     would like to see the side view, to know whether it unscrews or     not.
1014)    A saw designed for cutting a groove to a preset depth, perhaps     for glass to slide in as sliding fronts to a display case.
1015)    This is designed to round the corner of something made of wood.
    The handle is mostly parallel to the edge being rounded, at an     elevation angle of perhaps 15-30 degrees, and with the rounded     curve down towards the edge, with the edge falling into the     elliptical hole. The two ends cut different radiuses of     rounding.
1016)    This looks like a tool for seating the end (lid) into a wooden     barrel.
    The hooks fit under the bottom end of the barrel.
1017a)    Another version of sundial, perhaps with navigational functions     included.
1017b)    This one seems to include a model of the world as perceived by     those who made it at that time (pre Columbus).
1017c)    Perhaps for mapping star and constellation locations? It looks     as though there is a ponter to the right which should point     North?
1018)    Hmm ... a can opener on steroids? Perhaps for opening steel     drums?
    Now to see what others have guessed.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
P.S.    It looks as though we are approaching another of the triple-X     subject lines, so I guess that we'll have to go back to Arabic     numerals until that is past. :-)

Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten about that. I'll probably just skip ahead to 190 since the set numbers aren't really important.
Rob
R.H. wrote:

Item #1015: Corner rounding tool for woodworking.
--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

1013: Electronic key. Works in an electronic lock which has a keyhole that looks like an oversized watch battery holder, and usually activates a magnetic strike.
1014: Saw for cutting variable-depth slots into wood.
1015: Perhaps a nail-puller. Wouldn't be very effective as one though.
1016: For removing the cardboard box from obscenely-tightly styrofoam-packed items. (OK, perhaps not, but I think it's a press for removing the outer covering of something)
1017: The Daily Planet :-). They're all spherical astrolabes. The third one might be a sun-centered one.
result in a fully-depreciated one.