What is it? CLXXIX

A new set has just been posted:

R.H.

1037 - razor blade hone /mark
Reply to
Mark F
1037 is a razor blade stropping / resharperning device. Quite clever as it picks the arm up and turns the blade over and sets it back onto the leather disk to strop the other side.
Reply to
DanG

1037. Tortilla plane. 1038. Hippo tooth puller. For small hippos. 1039. Baby tongs for mean babies. 1040. Inverted disco-ball. The mirrors are INSIDE! Wow, man. 1041. Wood-acid battery, for starting carriages. 1042. It's a well-known fact that the shingle hammer was invented nearly 100 years before shingles.
Reply to
B.B.

1042: Never saw one quite like it, but it's a shingling hatchet. The steps or gauge lines allow you to set the right exposure for the shingle.

John Martin

Reply to
John Martin

Probably correct, but I haven't been able to confirm it yet; Mark and Dan are right about the first one being a razor sharpener.

I added some additional info to the site about two of the pieces:

1039. This tool was used on a farm but not with animals, and it's missing the straps that went through the holes on the end.

1041. This device was photographed at the Trap Hall of Fame.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.
1041 Oh... Now I can make a guess... A thing to release a live bird. A string pulls the pin, the sides flip open, the bird flies, and the shooter skilfully converts the bird to feathers and bloody bits.

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

1039: Stump puller maybe? Dave
Reply to
dav1936531

1037: Razor strop 1042: Slater's hammer
Reply to
Stuart Wheaton

this time only one silly guess ...

1041 maybee some kind of stuff used by handloading / reloading people, for casting their own bullets.

greetings from germany chris

Reply to
Christian Stü

Correct, it's a live bird trap.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

It's not for stumps but there is a piece of wood involved.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.
1039 How about a tree climber. You pull yourself up by it ?
Reply to
Puff Griffis

Nope, it's not a tree climber. It's used by farmers of a specific crop.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

How about for skidding out christmas trees?

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton

Nope, it's not for any type of tree.

Rob