What is it? CLXXI

Set 171 has just been posted:
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com /
Rob
991 Oilers. To lubricate joints on steam locomotives, steam engines, and other machines.
992 ? Lock mechanism?
993 Router. For making moldings, not for internet traffic.

989 looks like a watchman's key for recording his rounds 991 has oilers, grease cups and priming cups 993 is called a scratch stock used for making decorative edges.

And at least one that looks to be a simple drain valve.

It's a pretty famous one among collectors of antique woodworking tools. The Windsor Beader.

989. Time clock keys 990. Animal restraint device (?!) 991. Gas light and valve tester - probably a good thing it's outdoors. 992. Back side of a lock mechanism 993. Scratch beader 994. Replaceable hammer tip

992 is the backside of a coinslot from some sort of vending machine.
Paul K. Dickman

994. Replacement tooth for a spike tooth cylinder on a combine. Case IH??
R.H. wrote:

989, power keys, removable switching for machines, often used on electric traction/loco's.
990, flow and return hose crush?
991, drip oilers, still use them at the Uni on very high speed mini-drills.
992, top part of coin-mech.
R.H. wrote:

At last, a couple of things I can identify -
990: 'Bagno' style handcuff restraint - Italian
991: Although the caption says that these are all the same device in different configurations, some are oilers, some are grease cups and others are priming valves and poppet valves found on piston type engines - steam, gasoline, diesel, etc.
992: rear view of a 'roll down' style coin acceptor used in vending and amusement machines
Carla

Thanks! I updated the answer page a few minutes ago. I did some searching on "meter vault cover key" as suggested by Gary, but I didn't find anything. Two links have been added to the answer page, the one you posted and this one:
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com /(a1saru45c3ycwgn0zugv5y55)/ProductDetails.aspx?SKUG593&Source=froogle
Rob
990 is a set of handcuffs. You stick the hands of the person to be restrained through the holes, use the wing nut to tighten the cuffs so that the hands cannot be removed and then use a padlock to lock the wing nut so it will not rotate.

989 want to say watchman's key, but no number on it. RR related? 990 something to do with gas illumination- water traps? 991 992 993 molding cutters/planers 994 jackhammer bit
Dave
991--As has been said, they are oilers. I'll add: they must belong to a very dedicated collector, or to a museum, based on the way they are displayed.
R.H. wrote:

989b: Meter vault cover key. 933(both) Hand routers for making molding.
--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

991 A collection of lubricators. Probably a display board of them. Some look like they may be displacement types, the glass ones are probably all drip feed types. There are also some priming cups as used on early SI engines.
992 looks like a coin lock from a vending machine.
Steve R.
--
Due to high levels of spam, all email sent to this account is being auto
deleted.

    Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking as usual:
989a-b)    Given the lack of precision or any real machining     on the castings, I doubt that these ever fit locks.
    And given the small hole drilled near the end of the handle end     on both, I think that they were either hung on lines as weights,     or hung on nails on the wall as decorations.
990)    Some kind of furniture clamp, I think, though a view from     the side would help.
991)    A collection of drip oilers for various styles of machine tools     and (probably) stationary steam engines.
    The second set has some things which look like valves to feed     water or steam to various places -- including to steam whistles.
992)    This looks like part of the coin accept/reject mechanism from a     vending machine.
993a-b)    Special shaving planes to produce decorative trim or edges to     tabletops and the like.
    The first one looks as though it could be used on moulding as     well -- fed through the hole which best fits it.
994)    Looks like some kind of replaceable bit to go into perhaps     a jackhammer or something similar.
    Now it is time to see what others have guessed.
    Enjoy,         DoN.

989: The second one, except for it's incredible lack of security, looks like it could be a safety deposit box key; the handle would be provided for sliding the box out.
991: Gas lanterns, gas valves
993: cable cutters?
result in a fully-depreciated one.