What is it? CCVII

Perhaps for sharpening crayon tips? It seems a bit big for that, but the material does not seem sufficient for stronger materials. Perhaps for pointing a candle?

Hmm ... some kind of whistle? Not enough detail to be sure.

For moulding candles, perhaps

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Too late- I already answered them all. Don't they show up on your server?

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

I'll go ahead and reply in case DoN didn't get the other post.

Correct, it's for sharpening candles.

Not a whistle, but a holder for a small flashlight, the flat part is held in the mouth, so both hands are free to work

Yes, it's a candle mold filler.

I've got a few more things that aren't quite right for the web site for some reason or other, if I have time I'll post a couple more like this in the coming weekends.

Happy Holidays to everyone,

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

Sure -- but they were downstream of where I answered, so I saw that later.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

: >>

: > Hmm ... perhaps part of a marker light from an aircraft? : : : It's not part of an aircraft. I'll give a hint, one of the edges of the : slot is a plastic blade. : : : >

: >> 2. The flat plastic part is around 2" to 2-1/2" long, the attached round : >> piece is hollow: : >>

: >>

: > The inside of the cylindrical part is not easy to see in the : > photo, as it is all black, but I think that I see hints of lobes in : > there. If so, it is likely to be a special wrench for removing the : > filler caps on serious sized NiCad battery cells. I've got a white : > nylon one of the sort. They are plastic, so if dropped they won't short : > between adjacent cells and cause serious sparks and flames. : : : There aren't any lobes inside, it's just an empty hollow cylinder attached : to the flat piece. The strap is meant to go around the neck. :

It goes on the end of a flashlight to hold between your teeth so you can work with both hands.

What'd I win?

Reply to
Chuck Eaves