What is it? CCVII

Page 2 of 2

A candy dispencer ?

A gauge of some sort ?

For filling canning jars with hot liquid

It's not a gauge, it's made to hold a small version of something common. This is probably a difficult one to guess, it would typically be used when working on something.
Rob

I know I've seen one of these... but not where I saw it. Is it for a flashlight?
-Carl

Correct, a small flashlight fits in the hole and the flat part is held between the teeth. Here's the patent for it:
http://www.google.com/patents?id=kFk7AAAAEBAJ&dq 02334
Rob

Woo-Hoo! Three for three!!!!
-Carl