What is it? CC

Photos of this week's objects are listed below, 1104 is the possible farrier tool, please let us know if it looks familiar.

R.H.

Each position on the triangle is not identical - one has the white plastic bump sticking out.

It is very definitely a stud finder. My father had one - in the box and with directions. I remember reading them, but as it was at least

40 years ago I'm a bit fuzzy on the specifics. Except that you placed it against the wall with the white bump either up or down. You then banged with your hand, and as I recall it was the wall you hit - not the stud finder. Again, I don't recall the specifics. But try hitting the wall instead of the stud finder.

John Martin

Reply to
John Martin

It's worth pointing out that you usually look for studs on the sorts of walls that do bounce slightly when you hit them, rather than brick walls. This is a stud finder, not a wrist-bone finder.

Reply to
Patrick Hamlyn