what is it?

I have some Wetzler clamps that I got from my dad.
What are the little anvil like things on top? Wetzler's web site doesn't mention them.
See: http://imgur.com/L6mEg and http://imgur.com/6QCiY
[This followup was posted to rec.woodworking and a copy was sent to the cited author.]
says...

Part of a hanger system for storing the clamps.
--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions

That's one guess. ;)
My guess is that the little anvil is built up so that when you stand the clamp on its end, it stays vertical. It's a stabilizer foot.
-- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw
On Fri, 18 May 2012 17:10:59 -0400, tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

Maybe a knob so they will stand flat on the floor.
Zz Yzx wrote:

I'll second that