What is Home Depot like on Black Friday?

I want to buy some of that ceiling product that looks like the old pressed tin stuff and install it on Friday.
I hate crowds, though.
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
"Tom Watson" wrote in message

HD usually opens before DIY'ers get out of bed ... go early.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06
Swingman wrote:
> HD usually opens before DIY'ers get out of bed ... go early.
The operative word is "usually".
On "Black Friday", stores around here open at 5:00AM.
Lew

Sounds like a good project!

Buy it tomorrow, then.
I'll be spending the day on Friday cleaning out and sorting stuff in my Man Garage where I wrench on motorcycles and make stuff from wood.
--
"What do *you* care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman

Ugh! Grunt! Me build 'em fire! :)

George understand. GOOD George.
--
"What do *you* care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman

Just watch out for that tree.
Puckdropper

Tom Watson wrote:

I dunno about Home Depot, but I do know about the Bluewater Bridge from my hometown to Port Huron MI...you just don't go near it on Black Friday. Bizzzeeeee. A trip that normally takes me 10 minutes max, can take 2 hours+ The bridge is here: Google earth:
4259'56.47"N 8225'24.86"W
At 25,000 ft alt, you can see my house in Sarnia, ON and Home Depot in Port Huron MI I'm not sure how high you have get to see Lee Valley..*smirk*
I have found that the best time to hit HD is at the dinner hour.
--
Roger Shoaf
Tom Watson wrote:

You obviously know the problem. You also know the possible solutions. Pick one and go with it. When spring comes, the grass will grow by itself.     mahalo,     jo4hn

http://bfads.net/store/homedepot
--
SwampBug
------------------
Tom Watson wrote:

Here's what Home Depot will have on sale Friday. Might give a clue how big the crowd will be.
http://bfads.net/store/homedepot

Then don't leave the house to go anywhere until at least the middle of January.
Tom Watson wrote:

Go EARLY, in the first hour.
When I really have to go there, it works for me.
Tom Watson wrote:

Today is Wednesday. Pick it up after work.. Around 6 or 7 pm, it's not crowded at all.
Personally, I think you're insane for even considering buying a routine, non sale item on Friday.

I have gone to stores like Target in late afternoon or evening on Black Friday and crowds aren't a problem. I would go to Menards or Home Depot later in the day Friday without any concern about crowds.
My local Menards is sometimes so crowded on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon that I have to drive around and around just to find any parking spot, no matter how far from the entrance.
Brian Elfert

FWIW, and for future reference, I was in Lowe's about 10 AM Friday and it was less crowded than a typical Saturday morning.
To reply by e-mail, use jcarlson631 at yahoo dot com
John

I did South Ft Myers Ace, HD, Lowes and Fergusons on Friday (looking for a brass fitting that was unobtanium).. All of them were a nightmare.