What is coffe table height?

Wasn't suggesing an Aeron for your use, just a cautionary tale about the Office Depot and Staples chairs. Difference between "good" and "cheap" office chairs is that the "good" stuff seems to last forever--one case where you really do get what you pay for. I've got a couple of Eero Saarinen chairs from Knoll that are nearly as old as I am and still look practically new. Got 'em for about 50 bucks a shot--one of the best ebay deals I've ever gotten.

Want a comfortable chair to sit back and relax in, try an Ekornes Stressless Chair.

As far as alignment of the display goes, yeah, you'll get a crick in your neck if it's off-center more than just a little--been there, done that.

One of the OSHA recommendations is that the top of the monitor be at or just below eye level--this is a good one if you are sitting upright in an office chair--if you're in a recliner I suspect you want it positioned so that you can look at it with your neck reasonably straight--this might mean having it fairly high.

Reply to
J. Clarke

OK.... point taken

So Ive been rethinking this and maybe I should put a long coffee table in FRONT of the recliner rather than along the sides..... that way the monitor is in line with my body and eyes.

Ive already moved the recliner into my computer room at home and definitely know that this is the way to sit for long stretches of time vs the old traditional desk chair approach..... so Im sold on the recliner chair

Now its just a matter of how to "arrange" the PC equip around the recliner

Reply to
me6

Is your monitor an LCD? IF so, it wouldn't be all that impractical to have a swing away platform that would place the monitor "over" you, after you've reclined. Just a thought...

David

snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Reply to
David

Nope.....its a big honkin 21" tube! And its heavy!

I may get an LCD someday soon tho

Reply to
me6

You might find this link interesting.

read it very carefully recently as I contemplated ditching my trust 19" CRT for an LCD. I think I'll stick with the

19" for now. Too many negatives for someone who uses Photoshop.

David

snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Reply to
David

The tray tables they use in the hospital would be about right, I should think.

Reply to
George

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:11:41 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net calmly ranted:

I checked with my chiro when I went to get straightened out and he agreed: "DO NOT OFFSET! You have 14 lbs of skull up there and holding it in a strange position (laterally or vertically) will give your body ever-increasing problems."

Ever slept on your stomach with your head up on the pillow? I rest my case. ;)

------------------------------ REAL men don't need free plans ------------------------------

REAL websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:02:49 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net calmly ranted:

You'd be doing yourself a BIG favor if you got something like these exec chairs instead:

"Mission" looks nice, similar to my own Raynor. I have at least

3-1/2" of foam under me and it sure feels nice after 6 hours, and dreamy after 10 hour stretches. I no longer need to see the chiro so often since I moved to a furniture vs. task type chair. Task chairs absolutely SUCK.

When I want to relax, I'll pull the keyboard down into my lap and compute there for awhile. The portable trackball is limber like that, too.

G'luck, and remember to keep good posture for long hours in the chair. I also get up and walk around at least twice an hour, usually 3. (get coffee, recycle coffee, and for exercise/relaxation/eye-relief, etc.) The 19" monitor with a fast refresh rate helps, too.

------------------------------ REAL men don't need free plans ------------------------------

REAL websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:15:33 -0700, David calmly ranted:

Absolutely! I thought of LCDs for about a minute once and remembered that I -design- with this thing and CAN'T change. It's like moving from CAD to an Etch-a-Sketch for laying out a cabinet.

------------------------------ REAL men don't need free plans ------------------------------

REAL websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yep.... that would work pretty good for holding the keyboard and mouse in good position while in recliner, wouldn't it?

Wonder where to buy one?

Reply to
me6

It doesn't appear to be anyway to put feet UP with chair above?

I need/want something that allows feet to be held up in air.... just like a Lazy Boy recliner does.

Agree on that!!

Reply to
me6

Point well taken. I promise I wont do that

Instead I will still use the recliner.... but position the monitor on a table right in front of recliner.

I will then have table off to side that holds PC and equip.

Or get wireless keyboard and mouse for use

At any rate...... I will NOT place monitor off to a side....wil have it direct in front of me

Reply to
me6

so... I'm running 3 monitors. at least 2/3rds of the time my monitor is offset from my body. when can I expect my head to fall off?

Reply to
bridger

But how are you aligned with these monitors when setting in front of them?

Are they all three side by side right in front of you so that's its just a "minor" shift of your head?

Or is say two of them on your left side near left arm...while one is on your right side near right arm??

Reply to
me6

the three are together in a cluster. my chair swivels, so it's really not all that bad

Reply to
bridger