what is best 'finish' for oak veneered MDF -wardrobe interior?

Hello there, a bit of a beginners question I'm afraid
I've just ordered sheets of 19mm oak veneered MDF to make the interiors of a built-in wardrobe.
can you please advise on what is best finish to use ?
I looked in the local B&Q (UK Based) and there was a lot of choice , wax, beeswax, varnish, oil, stain.... Colron & ROnseal were the main makes
I would like a smooth finish so as not to mark / snag the clothes
Many thanks
Adrian
"Ade" wrote in message

Since it's a wardrobe interior, you also probably don't want to wait weeks/months for the finish odor to stop clinging to your clothes.
My choice in that instance is always the same: good, old fashioned, shellac.
Forgiving to apply, easy to repair, environmentally friendly, and should be free of any odor in a much shorter time period.
http://www.shellac.net/information.html#resources
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/07/05