What is a "Balance Sheet"

Page 2 of 2

Buy double the amount you need, sure. Economical, not so much. Grabbing another 'left-over' from a different batch CAN create an imbalance. BTDT. Proper balance sheet eliminates that and *is* spec on many commercial applications. 'Balance sheet' is inexpensive, does the job, meets spec. You can use Balance sheet opposite GP grade or post-form grade. Try to put some GP on top and post-form laminate on the bottom and watch what happens. Again, BTDT. Also, when seaming, make sure the seams are aligned top to bottom.

Ivan, you might check with a store that sells flooring tile. The very tough paper is applied to a concrete slab, using mastic, and then tiles are glued to it, rather than directly to the concrete. This is called a "slip," and helps to reduce cracks in the concrete inevitably showing through the tile above. The "slip" I've seen is a pinkish or greenish color and quite inexpensive.
FWIW, I've had good luck just applying several coats of clear finish to the reverse side of plywood to prevent warpage.
Nonny
--
On most days,
it's just not worth