What is a 1/10th Mortise Chisel Used For?

I see LN has added a 1/10 th inch mortise Chisel to thier catalog but can't figure out what it would be used for (I already know it's for chopping 1/10 inch wide mortises wiseguy :-)
brian_j snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

That probably says it. From the L-N site: :Plane maker Larry Williams requested this special size (1/10th inch Mortise :Chisel)for his work. Not included in the 5-piece set I'm guessing it might be the width of the "tang" (I don't know the right term) on the moulding plane irons and the wedges for those planes. http://www.planemaker.com /

On 5 Apr 2007 14:07:31 -0700, brian_j snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I've got three 3mm mortise chisels, one's a bevel, and I love them. They're foever coming in handy, but it's paring between the tails of fine dovetails in small boxes that's perhaps the most awkward job othewise.

Great for opening paint cans.

I have a 1/8" chisel that was used to cane chair bottoms. I use it when I need a narrow chisel.

Mine are made from jointer knives that have gotten too worn to use.
On Apr 5, 5:07 pm, brian_j snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Inlay strips, aka purfling.