What I want for Christmas for my Shop

Page 1 of 4
Just curious! I want to know what other woodworkers want for Christams. Here is a chance to place your list. Maybe SWMBO is reading the WREC.
I already got mine....a Grizzly 18v cordless drill-driver.
Happy Holidays to all. Joe

Well...If'n SWMBO can get me a bigger garage (like a four car)...then I'll supply the rest ;o)
--
Dominick Fiumare Email: snipped-for-privacy@nmsu.edu
Facilities & Services Voice: 505-646-2529
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (dteckie) wrote in message

This is the first time in several years I have not needed a major tool in the shop. For my recent birthday she had an electrician add some new circuits to the shop, and the daughters bought me a link belt for my table saw.
For Christmas, a new mitre gauge for my table saw. The one that came with it is pretty bad.
Dick Durbin

5hp Unisaw with a 50" Beis fence. Oh . . and an 800 square foot headed shop to keep it dry.
dteckie wrote:

A commercial espresso machine........
and a high end lathe
Guess which one costs more............
Gary

I'll bite. The espresso machine.
Have you tried one of the pod machines? We've got one (Grimac Terry, about $400) at the office that makes pretty good espresso, and you don't have to dick around with grinding and packing...
Get yer' Grimac here: http://www.capriflavors.com/coffee_machines_new.php http://www.espressosystems.net/EQUIPMENT/GRIMAC/TerryPod.htm
Pods can be found here (and probably about a million other places) http://www.espressopods.com
Far, far cheaper than a high end lathe...

On 25 Nov 2003 03:58:55 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (dteckie) wrote:

A job! (That way I can buy what I want.)
brought forth from the murky depths:

Ditto here: MORE WORK! (Since I'm self-employed)
After that, prolly a Shop Fox mortiser.
------------------------------------------------------------------------- Poverty is easy. * http://diversify.com It's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jobs just cut down on your shop time!
(dteckie) wrote:

Great... lot's of shop time here. No money to buy wood.
-David
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:05:07 -0500, "solarman"

How true. I'm amazed what I've made from free pallet wood!
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:05:07 -0500, "solarman"

Living in an apartment, I'd like Santa to bring me a place to setup and use my tools. Of course, if Santa wants to bring me a SWMBO too, then I'd certainly consider it. :)

Upscale notes:

Well, I've got the second, but she's not all that obedient.
I'd really like to get back to my shop, get away from the tiny, under-powered shop I have here. Wish I could move this house and keep it, but it doesn't work that way. We get to go back to the '62 model, instead of the '15.
Charlie Self
"If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner." H. L. Mencken

36-650c for Christmas. But after we discussed it further it was decided this would be put off until spring because i can't work out there in the winter anyway. So I guess I'm getting a Canon 420EX for my other hobby. Ken
What I want is to have it be my shop exclusively........not share it with shelves full of sleeping bags, air conditioners, coolers, roller blades, bikes, a snowblower, and a lawnmower. Doesn't she realize I have to stack all that lumber somewhere, and where am I going to put that bandsaw?
Dave

I want an angel.
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id 85952
Viewer may be offended....Beware

On 25 Nov 2003, RKON spake unto rec.woodworking:

I may start believing in heaven.
RKON wrote:

Nah, why bother? Chick that looks that good would be spendy.