What I Got For Christmas Thread

I have no idea, I believe that there are several generators there. Up until last year, you could look South when traveling West on the Western Ky Parkway, just before you got into Muhlenburg county and you could see two of the biggest falic symbols around. Two big old Peabody draglines sitting on top of a hill. The booms all up in the air and facing different directions. Paradise generator behind them. An appropriate monument to the heyday of the coal industry that put Muhlenburg county on the map. Well, They put one of them back into service and I don't know where the other one went.

John Prine, I didn't even think of anyone other than Loretta Lynn when I saw Daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenburg county. There are still pretty girls there with coal black hair and snow white skin, and eyes of every color :-)

Tom in KY, Sacramento, (BIG CITY) pop. 650.

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

Fri, Dec 30, 2005, 5:53pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (DonkeyHody) mistakenly states: Now I know a chainsaw ain't a proper woodworking tool,

On the contrary, a chainsaw is a precision carving tool. You just need to practice for a few minutes. No prob.

I considered I came out fairly well. A .22 Benjamin-Seridan air rifle, to go along with my .177 and .20. A .22 Chinese air rifle, to go along with my .177. Pellets for all. Some NATIO .9mm plastic training ammunition - damn, that stuff is loud when shot in the house. A book on steamboats I had been seeking for months. Pocket T-shirts. Boxers. Of course, I bought most of it myself, for myself, but at least that way I got what I actually wanted. The dau-in-law got me the shirts and boxers. All in all, not a bad day.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

I was trying to be consistent with the rant I made a few years ago. Repeated below.

Did you say CHAIN SAW? Why no self-respecting woodworker would own one! Their accuracy is the pits. You'd be lucky to get within 0.100 inch. And they vibrate a lot too. And spew sawdust everywhere. Can't hook up a dust collector - No way. Not to mention the DANGER. I've never seen one with a blade guard. I guarantee that more people were killed and maimed by chainsaws in the last decade than all the exploding PVC air lines in the history of the world. It's downright irresponsible to even consider buying one.

Sorry to go off on you like that, but I'm jumpy lately. I just haven't been able to sleep at night since they told me about the PVC pipe bomb in my shop.

DonkeyHody "Give a hungry man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him to fish . . . and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."

Reply to
DonkeyHody

Sat, Dec 31, 2005, 9:27am George@least (George) has to ask: Uh, pants?

Not as long as he has a leather apron.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Hey W.reckers,

When I was 12, my Father thought it would be fun to build a new house without temporary electricity. We built that house with a chainsaw and hand tools. I cut my first rafters there. And Oh - My! every cut had to be absolutely Dang perfect! Working for Dad has a level of pressure that is overwhelming.Besides, what 12 year old boy doesn't want to build a house with hand tools while his friends all play ball and go to the lake and all of the things that a 12 year old boy normally does? I somehow managed to stay out of trouble that year.

A chain saw can be pretty precise, but my experience is that a low angle block plane makes it 100% better. As with the plane, the sharper the chainsaw, the better the cut. Blade Guard? Hurry up and sink it in the wood. There's your blade guard.

Tom in KY, Dad was a subscriber to the Mother Earth News, Mom was just glad it wasn't a mud-hut. I guess though someone may suggest a gasoline burning generator in the basement with the windows open. Heh-heeeeee!

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

Used to be a company in Toledo, OH called Netcraft. DAGS.

Bob S wrote:

Reply to
Joe_Stein

I got a Oneway Termite from my wife.. I think it's a hint to turn more vases...

Also got a carton of smokes and a "beers of the world" assortment from one of the kids... maybe a "keep out of the shop" message??

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I got a new Tundra truck. Now I can buy a sheet of ply without planning and without cutting it up in the parking lot to fit into my (sold) Honda Civic! Suddenly the garage feels a bit smaller.

Reply to
Phisherman

I think that means you win.

Tom in KY, with a 97 F150, NOT FROM SANTA.

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

Not so fast. Santa brought me a new Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4X4 Crewcab. Sweeeeeet!! It'll haul plywood flat in the bed, if you leave the tailgate down. It replaces my '92 Chevy pickup. I'll post a picture on ABPW. Gary

Reply to
Gary in Virginia

Yeah, but, it's a Chevy.

Ha-Ha-Ha Congrats to both of you. We have two winners now!

Tom in KY, if Santa brought you a payment book with a truck, does that mean that you were good or bad?

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

weeks before Christmas), sweater, a lowes gift card and a few this and thats.

Bought by me before Christmas to better equip santa's workshop A Yorkcraft YC-8J Jointer a Delta 22-580

Reply to
No

Good thing you got it early!

The reindeer hate delivering heavy 'urn. It also gives the sleigh a super long takeoff roll, soiling Santa's shorts on smaller roofs.

Reply to
B a r r y

Yep. That increases the gloat factor by at least 3.

Nope. Paid cash for it. (I'm eating my seed corn.) See picture in a.b.p.w.

If a Tundra is assembled in Kentucky (or is it Tennessee?) and a Chevy is assembled in Canada, which is a foriegn made?

Gary

Reply to
Gary in Virginia

?

Good Golly! How much does eating seed corn pay?!

!

Kenyuckyo , Georgetown, Kentuckyo; Camry

Indianesia , Princeton, Indianesia; Tundra

Tenesseenami , Nissan trucks

Mexico , 60-70% of Dodge trucks

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy