what have you done with contractor saw?

Well, I have the new Griz G0444Z. Works like a champ. As a newbie myself, I can not believe the difference the added weight from the cast Fe wings make. The thing is quiet. It's smooth. Vibration is WAY less. If I would put on the new link belt that I just bought, I'm sure it will improve too. My electrician explained that the 220 will make a more efficient machine, regardless of what it is. Like the poster said about the jumper cables... I plan on wiring all of my tools for 220 as I acquire them. As I am working in my garage, I only need one outlet ('cause you can only use one tool at a time, right?) $600 very well spent. I noticed the difference on my first cut, and my first project was way better than anything I ever did on my ultra low-end CS.

Dave

Reply to
pharmdave

Stop. Think about that plan. Wire is cheap, conduit and boxes are relativly cheap, but dragging cords around is a PITA. Run lots of circuits and never be without a place to plug something in or never have to stop working and swap plugs just because you only can only use one machine at a time. Also consider twist plugs. These do not get loose like push plugs do.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf