What happened to Roy Underhill?

I used to look forward to watching both "New Yankee Workshop" with Norm and the "Woodrights Shop" with Roy Underhill on the local Public TV station on Saturday mornings. We still get the New Yannkee Workshop on Saturday but Roy Underhill's show has not been on for the past two or three years (Lincoln, Nebraska). Has Roy retired or something worse or is it just our local programming?
TIA Dennis

Your local. Roy still comes through on the satellite feed after "Hometime" on Saturday.
I wish someone would hook us up with a torrent of some of Roy's shows. He's not available in my area now either.
TwoGuns wrote: > I used to look forward to watching both "New Yankee Workshop" with Norm > and the "Woodrights Shop" with Roy Underhill on the local Public TV > station on Saturday mornings. We still get the New Yannkee Workshop on > Saturday but Roy Underhill's show has not been on for the past two or > three years (Lincoln, Nebraska). Has Roy retired or something worse or > is it just our local programming?
SFWIW, here in SoCal one of the PBS stations has dropped both programs.
The other broadcasts only NYW unless they are begging, which is most of the time.
Lew
He still has a show. Complain to your local PBS station; that's what the "P" is for.
Mike
He is still around... http://www.unctv.org (North Carolina Public TV) produces the show....
and PBS carries it in a lot of markets:
http://www.pbs.org/wws /
TwoGuns wrote:

Spent a couple days with Roy last March when he came up north to do a program at my club... He said that his show is free to all the PBS stations. All they have to do is pick it up off the feed and air it. State Farm Insurance underwrites the whole thing...
John
John Grossbohlin wrote:

They do have some of the better Hand and Finger policies.
(Is that what the ... was for?)

Yes... Roy joked, after doing a demo where he put his shaving horse on top of his work bench so all could see, (to paraphrase) that "State Farm underwrites it all., Hard to believe isn't it?" I put a picture up on ABPW.
John