what good is a planer with one blade ?

It's not that hard - you need the sort of tool and cutter grinder that does big metalworking milling machine cutters. With that, and a dummy block to mount it on, then it's no big deal.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

This is a trick question, right?

It doesn't cost a manufacturer that much to get things built correctly. It's consumers always looking for what's cheap or deals that encourages these manufacturers to put this garbage on the market. They'd be better off making deliveries directly to landfills and saving store space for real toys.

Speaking of which....

I have an old Crapsman power hand plane with a double helix blade.

Any idea how to sharpen this or if I can get a replacement cutter? I can post a pic if neccessary....

Yitah