What glue has a long work time

Page 2 of 2

"John B" wrote in message

Just as long as you're not a cow-orker ... in some states you can go to jail for that!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/05

Good advise. Thanks.

Did you read the subject line?

So I changed the subject.
Up until I'd read that posting, I'd never ever considered Elmer's white glue for woodworking.

I have listened to a few talks by Frank Klausz and he is a strong proponent of Elmers white glue, which, I believe, has a longer working time than any of the yellow glues. Also, it's cheap enough to not have to use any that's been on the shelf awhile.
Frank describes how he has his assistants glue up test pieces with each new batch of glue he buys. After the glue dries (overnight), he personally tests the test pieces by striking them with a mallet.
Sounds good to me.....
Bill Leonhardt
WEST SYSTEM Epoxy has a pot time of 40 to 50 minutes
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:32:27 -0400, Creekbuster