What gives?

**Please remove the nospamme from my return address before replying.**

mikerowesoft.com.

And MS acknowledged they went too far. However, I realize that these days, "right" is irrelevant. It's whoever has the better lawyer(s).

Still. LeeValley has no right to LeaValley until proven in court. (unless settled beforehand).

Here are other "infringing" sites:

<saudadeii

Try (insertyournamehere).com. You will probably get the same message. Roger Poplin dba snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
RKP51X

and in another example on the path of "how stupid can companies and lawyers be"...A few years ago, Sun got all het up about "protecting its trademark" as regards the programming language Java (which they had "created"). Part of the problem was that Microsoft had started doing their usual pirate thing of eroding away control from the originators. In any case, Sun started sending "cease and desist" letters to folks for using Java in their names. One of the more AMUSING moments was that they sent a threatening letter to the owners of "

" (here is a link to the letter:
The only problem was that a) Javanco is a hardware and surplus place and b) it has been around for a LONG time...well before Sun came up with the idea of Java, or the name. Needless to say, the owner, whose name actually is (If I remember correctly) Javan, told them, politely, to take a long walk off a short pier. Alas, I think Javanco may be gone now... the hardware biz is tough...but the amusement remains. I used to get parts from them every once in a while, but, alas, my SERIOUS hardware hacking days are kind of behind me, so have not gotten anything in a while... Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

Charlie Self wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Charlie, ditch google groups, get a newsreader, even if it is only thunderbird. Most prefer Agent, but I'm partial to (free) XNews.

Reply to
Han

Han wrote in news:XnsA0C69DDA688C6ikkezelf@216.151.153.45:

You're wasting your time, Han. Charlie has been given that advice numerous times already, and he stubbornly refuses to take it.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Doug Miller wrote in news:XnsA0C77BD572A4Fdougmilmaccom@88.198.244.100:

Probably indeed wasting my time, Doug, but I like Charlie, and my wife also says I am too helpful .

Reply to
Han

Han wrote in news:XnsA0C78CAA5B719ikkezelf@8.17.249.101:

I like him too, except when he's complaining about his newsgroup access problems.

I'd like him even then, if he was willing to take the steps needed to solve them. But he isn't. So I've given up trying to help him.

Reply to
Doug Miller

times already,

Doug,

I don't post here often enough any more to make it worth the effort.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Charlie Self wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

It's at most a ten or fifteen minute effort. If you're not willing to make it, stop complaining about the results of that choice.

Reply to
Doug Miller