What finish for oak birdfeeder?

I am looking for your advice on which finish to use for a small oak birdfeeder. Thanks, --Jon
Hopefully its white oak so it will withstand many years of sun and rain and snow and ice and.....
No finish on the inside - the little tweeters like to peck at wood and we don't want them glowing in the dark with all the man made chemicals. As for the outside - just let it weather unless this is a piece of art (fancy birdhouse) in which case, water based paint in colors that will attract the species of bird you want to live there.
Bob S.

I painted mine with housepaint. However, it's not made of oak, just scraps. The inside isn't painted, because that's the part that touches the food. Frankly, I don't think the birds care. As long as the food's good. Have fun. Joe

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Leave it unfinished, I'm sure the birds will be adding there own "stain" over time.
Dave