what finish for cedar?

Have a deacon's bench that I've lined with aromatic cedar t&g. The cedar is smooth surfaced but unfinished. What finish, if any, should I apply that will still allow the cedar aroma to be there?. I was thinking a simple coat or two of shellac.
Thanx!
Vic
--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't

I lined a chest I built recently with aromatic cedar, the tounge and groove closet liner type. I wasent planning on putting a finish on it. I asked the Home Depot paint people to be sure, they also said I shouldnt but a finish on it. I didnt, and was happy with the way it turned out - mostly because it was the closet liner type - ie already sanded, no splinters, etc.
Thanx for the info. Mine looks fine as it is - just wondered. :)

Don't finish it, just the raw wood so it does it's job against moths. The oil is sold so it, the poison, can be replenished after drying too much, and going into wool from the wood. http://stores.ebay.com/Something-Cedar
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Good sanding, nothing more.
I see the point. Unfinished it shall remain!
Thanx!
Vic