What else can they stick a laser on?

Page 2 of 2
Lee Michaels wrote:

Well, no, most of them use presses and cutting dies or CNC cutters including laser.

Quilters do. I'm married to a quilter and as Lee indicated, rotary cutters are pretty amazing. It's not unusual to fold or layer material and cut up to ten layers at once.
Scissors are a reciprocating motion (snip open snip open). The rotary cutter against a guide is just one quick Ziiiip.
The guides are typically clear Plexiglas with a grid printed on them. This enables, cutting squaring and measuring all in the same function. it's incredibly efficient
-Steve

"Stephen M" wrote

And all this is done on self healing mats. When the cutting wheel cuts into the mat, it heals. They can take an incredible number of cuts before they need to be replaced.

Well, that makes all sorts of sense. If you could hold the scissors straight enough to keep the laser on the same line all the time, you wouldn't need the laser to pinpoint the line. As it is, you are just going to see the line wave left and right as you try to cut straight. Who was the [sub]-genius who came up with that bit of fluff?

going
Good bet they were Chinese.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----+
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----+
The oldies station here in Phoenix has been advertising laser smoking-cessation treatments for a few weeks. I've been trying to imagine how THAT works?
Jerry

Perhaps it is a contemporary form of aversion therapy.
Every time he lights up, he gets zapped with a laser.
jerry snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

There was a misprint in the radio station's copy of the ad. It should have read "taser smoking-cessation treatments". ;-)
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

A typo of _that_ magnitude?? Shocking, simply shocking.
Robert Bonomi wrote:

I'm not sure it's a typo. I think it's called aversion therapy...
rm

Guess you could use one for that. That, and the first time sexual virgin when he finally finds that initial willing female. Only thing worse for a woman than a guy who goes too fast is one that misses the mark completely in his excitement.
:)

Speaking from experience, are you? <muffled (badly ;) guffaw>