What else can they stick a laser on?

Page 1 of 2
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/OnPoint_Router_Plate.html
CW wrote:

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/OnPoint_Router_Plate.html
Looks like it could be useful for doing freehand routing of signs.

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/OnPoint_Router_Plate.html
They could make it automatic, and I'd still miss the mark.
Steve ;-)
I'd really like a laser on my Shop-Vac.

Hmmmmm... that gave me an idea, so I rushed out to the garage and got right to work. FreA fresh roll of duct tape, my my dial indicator in hand, and a spare broom handle that I keep around just in case the handle on my shop broom ever breaks, and a few minutes of my time was all it took.
I took the laser head off an old CD ROM unit, duct taped it to the broom handle (very rprecisely) - ensureing ing an even layer of duct tape , precise to within .00000001", and then cut a dutchman in thee end of the handle. After cutting a matching dutchman int tI then cut the hanld offdle off my shop broom exactly 6" up from the threaded end. I wish I had a starlett (or whatever it is...) steel rule to have made sure I was exactly at 6", but I don't own one soe I had to rely on a simple steel tape rule. I cut a matching duunscrewed the stub from the broom head, cut a matching dutchman in the cut off end of it, and then cut biscuits in both cutdutchmans just for good measure. Using some Tightbond VII and some borigorilla bluglue, I put the two pieces together and clamped them with 17 bar clamps. Then I mounted a 12V battery that my son had conveniently left of then the fshop floor (afterwinterizing his boat) on the broom to power the laser. Of course, I plan to eventually replace this with a ))0000 run of of 220V pwer from my subpanel once I get it soldered into place., so the batter is only temporary. Maybe some of the guys can give me some advice on soldering up that 220V pigtail.
Should I go with 50 feet or more? Or less? What color should I use? ShAre twist locks really necessary?
Either way - I now have the most accurate shop broom on the street. When my neighbors see this tyhey are going to want one of thieeir own - or to borrow mine. But... I don't lend out my stuff...
I'm also thinking of re-einforcing the dutchman with a handful of McNealry, or McFealy, or whatever they are, fasteners. I don't know what to do though - should I pre-drill them on my 17" floor model drill press or should I go out and buy a table top drill press? Harbor Freight, or Grizz? UPS or USPS?
--
-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Thanks for the laugh.. but, but, but what did a Dutchman ever do to you?

Was the 4/0 stranded or solid?
"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
<snip>

Not if you didn't purchase that broom stock previously jointed.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

Oops - had to clean up some stuff - long story...
Hmmmmm... that gave me an idea, so I rushed out to the garage and got right to work. Fresh roll of duct tape, my dial indicator in hand, and a spare broom handle that I keep around just in case the handle on my shop broom ever breaks, and a few minutes of my time was all it took.
I took the laser head off an old CDROM unit, duct taped it to the broom handle (very precisely) - ensureinging an even layer of duct tape, precise to within .00000001", and then cut a dutchman in the end of the handle. Afterwards I cut the handle off of my shop broom exactly 6" up from the threaded end. (I wish I had a starlett (or whatever it is...) steel rule to have made sure I was exactly at 6", but I don't own one so I had to rely on a simple steel tape rule). I unscrewed the stub from the broom head, cut a matching dutchman in the cut off end of it, and then cut biscuits in both dutchmans just for good measure. Using some Tightbond VII and some gorilla glue, I put the two pieces together and clamped them with 17 bar clamps. Then I mounted a 12V battery that my son had conveniently left of then the shop floor (after winterizing his boat) on the broom to power the laser. Of course, I plan to eventually replace this with a 0000 run of of 220V power from my sub panel once I get it soldered into place, so the batter is only temporary. Maybe some of the guys can give me some advice on soldering up that 220V pigtail.
Should I go with 50 feet or more? Or less? What color should I use? Are twist locks really necessary?
Either way - I now have the most accurate shop broom on the street. When my neighbors see this they are going to want one of their own - or to borrow mine. But... I don't lend out my stuff...
I'm also thinking of re-enforcing the dutchman with a handful of McNealry, or McFealy, or whatever they are, fasteners. I don't know what to do though - should I pre-drill them on my 17" floor model drill press or should I go out and buy a table top drill press? Harbor Freight, or Grizz? UPS or USPS?
--
-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Perhaps one for a framing hammer.......
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

on a condom?

You stole my idea. :)

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages ...
If you guys need a laser to find THAT, you've been on the computer too long.
B.
Robatoy wrote:

Thanks for the mental image. "I am Ron Jeremy of Borg. Resistance is Futile."
brian
I'd like to see sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads.
Austin P.

A chisel? A handsaw? Maybe the cat?
:)
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

It's only a matter of time until some SWMBO comes up with a laser attachment to keep fellas from missing the toilet bowl. :-)

Anybody who requires precision in cutting cloth or paper uses a rotary wheel cutter. NOT two dollar scissors with a funny little light built into it.
My wife is a quilter. She would take one look at this thing, pronounce it junk, and toss it into the circular file.
Real sewing/quilting scissors approach what we pay for some serious bench tools.