What do YOU use kerosene for?

maybe in your country...

Reply to
Badger

M1A1 turbines are multi-fuel. They'll burn just about any combustible liquid.

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

I don't find the word 'gasoline' in either of those pages. I think you're being confused by the term 'gas' turbine. The gas is the combustion products that spin the turbine wheel -- analogous to a steam turbine.

See for example:

don't think gasoline is used in any current generation combat vehicles in the US Army and I believe NATO is multi-fuel as well.

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

I guess I am. Does that mean that the Chrysler concept car they built in the '60s powered by a gas turbine wasn't gasoline powered either? That's how long I've been laboring under that misapprehension.

Reply to
LRod

Actually the Abrams has a multi-fuel engine. Most sources also say it can burn gasoline.

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

Diesel fuel, kerosene, and jet fuel are all pretty much the same thing. Any engine that burns any of the above should run fine on any other one, at least in the short term.

Reply to
Roy Smith

No, one doesn't preclude the other...I believe the Chrysler was gasoline-fueled--I recall it was on campus while I was in school at Engineer's Open House weekend (but I was a NucE, so was on the other end of the engineering campus and it was already gone by the time I got there... :(

Reply to
Duane Bozarth