What do you think"

x-no-archive:yes
Thanks to Mr. Tim on this board there is a Rigid jointer not too far from me on Craigslist. He said he would take 240.
Lowes has a similar Delta 6 inch for 349. I think I have a 50 dollar off coupon if I buy 500 worh of material.
What do you think?
<<Thanks to Mr. Tim on this board there is a Rigid jointer not too far from me on Craigslist. He said he would take 240.
Lowes has a similar Delta 6 inch for 349. I think I have a 50 dollar off coupon if I buy 500 worh of material.>>
If the Ridgid is in good condition, go for it.
Lee

Huh... I would have said (and will say, for that matter), that for a net $60 difference, I would have taken a new one over the Ridgid. It's not like the other one is a "heritage" tool or anything, like a 40 year old tool. And the cost of new blades alone could eat up most of those savings anyway.
Clint

I think $240 is too much for a Rigid Jointer. Offer $200. If he won't take it either wait or buy the Delta.