What do you call this tool ?

It is a single row of pins held tightly by a bar but still allowed to move, like a single row pin-box.

One uses it to take a pattern of molding by pushing the pins against the molding, allowing them to adjust to its profile, to get a pattern.

I don't know what to ask for, let alone where to get it.

Thanks

Reply to
richardchaven

It's a profile gauge:

Stephen M

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Woodcraft calls it a "Profile Copy Guage":

Smaug Ichorfang

A contour gauge like this one?

Reply to
Russ

Well nobody's come up with the "Contour Copy Gauge" yet, so I'll jump in quick with that. Don't have a URL for that one though.

Reply to
else24

How abaout a Profile Contour Copy Gauge ;-)

Reply to
Dave Hall