What do we like in 1/4 sheet sanders?

I DAGS'd it... same old same old.
Are we still liking the SpeedBloc? Anything else?
It needs to be square. I don't really want to lay out the capital for a MultiMaster or other such wonderful, expensive gear.

Yes, we, I still like it. I bought a new one to replace the one that I bought in 1989. And yes I still prefer the PSA paper to go with it. Rockler had the best pricing 4 weeks ago.

They make 2 different ones. I wonder what that's all about. One has dust collection and is about half the price of a SpeedBloc...I can see where this is going.... I think...
RE: Subject
Personally, I don't like any of them.
If I need to get into corners, that's why Fein invented the detail sander, but it has a problem.
Does so many things so well, it tough to keep it handy for sanding.
Lew
Robatoy (in snipped-for-privacy@nr-tor01.bellnexxia.net) said:
| I DAGS'd it... same old same old. | | Are we still liking the SpeedBloc? Anything else? | | It needs to be square. I don't really want to lay out the capital | for a MultiMaster or other such wonderful, expensive gear.
I have both - and I'm liking my SpeedBloc more every time I use it (and mine is now more than a quarter century young). The MultiMaster is handy about three or four times a year for me. I /could/ live without it; but for those jobs that need it, I think anything else would be a distant second best.
For small scale production work, I think you'd do well to get the SpeedBloc and (since you've predicted business growth) its half-sheet big brother when the time seems right.