What do do with large twisted cherry tree trunk?

I just downed the large old cherry tree that has been competing with my house for space for the last decade or more. A friend took most of it for firewood and found it was really twisty - could hardly split 16 inch lengths with hydraulic splitter. All that's left is the 2 bottom chunks of the trunk - over 2 feet in diameter at the ground -2 chunks about 3 feet long that are really 2 intertwined trunks - should have some REALLY interesting grain patterns.
Any good ideas how to make use of it??
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news:98gh2ahg656cgacsk8pjah7ds49snrn4dl@ 4ax.com:

That sounds like the kind of wood turners can make use of. It might be useful as an accent piece, for example a contrasting pull on desk drawers.
A planter would be tolerant of twisty moving wood. Hollow out, fill with dirt and drop in 5 magic bean seeds. (Or a couple dozen ordinary ones :-)).
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Just a thought--properly season it or it will cut down on your options.Of course, you probably already knew that.
Bill
On 29 Sep 2014 03:23:29 GMT, Puckdropper

Well, I put it on Kijiji and got a bite within the hour. Got 2 strong guys and a pickup truck coming to take it away tomorrow afternoon.
On Sunday, September 28, 2014 10:29:06 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I just checked Kijiji. I'd never heard of it before. It must be new to our area because there's was nothing when I put in the search word "woodworking." On Craigslist, there are many listings.
On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 07:58:18 -0700 (PDT), Michael

And no craigslist around here. Kijiji is, I believe, owned by Ebay
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

you might want to save some to use in your BBQ, cherry is great for beef, specially burgers

I've got lots of small stuff saved for that.
On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 19:26:17 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

As quite often happens, the dead-beat didn't show. I've still got the wood.
On Monday, September 29, 2014 7:14:57 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Cut some slabs and make some end tables. https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/7327627522/in/photostream
As Puck says, make a planter, but rather than filled with dirt, put a potted plant (with bottom dish) in it. https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/7742403882/in/photostream
If you can conveniently get the rootball, you'd probably have some nice burled/figured wood. A few roots should make for some nice mallets, also.
Sonny

The root is the next project - or should I say the stump. Over 2 feet in diameter.

Hi Clare -- I just sent an email to a few locals - - hope someone can make use of your cherrywood. ... turners .. woodworking clubs .. whatever .. John T.
--- ---