What did I miss?

It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening there were over 2500 unread posts. "Screw this!" says me, and I marked 'em all "read". Did I miss anything interesting? Keep it short; I ain't got all dang night. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

there was something about free woodworking tools in every major city, but it ended yesterday.

Reply to
Steve Barker

We get sidetracked sometimes....

Reply to
Robatoy

(is that short enough?)

Reply to
Robert Haar

Reply to
Leon

I posted a link to pictures of my full size re-creation of the mysterious spiral staircase at Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe. But it didn't attract any interest. ;-)

Max

Reply to
Max

Reply to
Michael Kenefick

I DID see that thread, and it was interesting enough that I spent a fair amount of time learning about it. If I ever get over to Santa Fe I'll definitely check it out. Thanks.

Reply to
Steve Turner

LOL! Story of my life... :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

The technical description: "Balls-on Exact" was introduced to the group as a way of describing a measurement which, to the layman, can best be translated to meaning "with a particularly high degree of precision". Of course to the professional, the latter is comparably sloppy...

I hope this helps you keep up with the discussions! ; )

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I suppose it would be impolite to mention the Free Unisaw give-away, and the $10 Festool specials.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

You also missed that JOAT lifted his moratorium on accepting any and all e-mails.

Reply to
Robatoy

Damn the bad luck! And Lord only know how much money I would've won if I'd had sense enough to buy a lottery ticket! Of course, buying one now would just be money down the crapper.

Reply to
Steve Turner

We also resolved the global warming issue several times.

We won.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

I only saw the discussion get really hot.

We won.

Reply to
Josepi