What brand of carpet tape?

Page 2 of 2

This stuff is a booger to get apart.
Steve
On 8/21/2010 1:49 AM, Steve B wrote:

FWIW, I sent 3M an email and they told me to call them as they needed more information about the application, which surprised me. This is so commonplace an application that I would have expected them to have the answer write off the bat. Maybe nobody has ever suggested it to them before.

Maybe they actually care about customer service. They could, of course, tell you to use one particular tape, but they have so many of them that there might be a better tape than that one for your use.
It's also possible - and this is just a guess based on your writing in this group - that they didn't understand what the hell you were talking about. :)

Naw, somebody just discovered a possible "line extension" -- Marketing will be all over this on Monday!
On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 09:15:43 -0400, "J. Clarke"

I've had good results with this tape from Lee Valley.
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?pI224&cat=1,110,43466
On 8/20/2010 8:15 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

Home Depot carries various kinds of "carpet tape", and I've used most of them. What I have now is the "Duck Tape" brand, and they make at least two different kinds; one is crap, the other works great. You got the crap kind (the one with fiberglass strands); look for the kind that is made from woven _cloth_. You may have to dig into the packaging and peel a piece off the backing to make sure it's the woven cloth variety. It is much stronger than the fiberglass kind, has a better adhesive, and does not come apart in shreds when you remove it.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.