What blade for tablesaw box joints?

I made a Lynn jig for cutting box joints on the table saw. Can anyone out there give me a recommmendation for what saw blade to use in this application? Seems like a rip blade, while flat ground, would cause too much chip-out. What other blade would give me a flat-bottomed kerf?
TIA

One that your local saw blade sharpener recommends and sharpens for that purpose. Mine sold me one for about $60, including the penalty^H^H^H^Hsales taxes we Californians pay for the privilege of living in this shaky land.
YWIA
Patriarch
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:07:15 -0500, Patriarch

Not to mention looking at the "beautiful people". <G>
Barry

Are you making fun of the Governator?
Someday, we'll straighten things out. Otherwise, Oregon and Washington will have a severe housing shortage. ;-)
Patriarch
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 01:27:29 -0500, Patriarch
Not at all. You really do have the "Beautiful People". You don't think they could have filmed "Baywatch" here in Connecticut, do you?
I work with women who think Donald Trump is good looking without his wallet. <G>
Barry
"Ba r r y" wrote in message

Fine, if you like replacing your steak with cotton candy ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/17/05

Actually, "meat with eyes" comes to mind with some of those folks.
Barry
"Ba r r y" wrote in message

LOL ... and with choppers that blind.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/17/05

There's a new series, on Discovery or TLC, called "Sheer Dallas", which seems to indicate that the phenomenon is not entirely limited to SoCal. The promos were sufficient for me to put it on the 'long list'.
Patriarch
Use a blade from your dado set.
-Dan
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:26:15 -0400, "sidney"

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:26:15 -0400, "sidney"

I've got a triple-chip Freud on my table saw, and it leaves a pretty flat bottom on the kerf. If you're not familiar with the triple chip style, it is similar to a rip blade, but every other tooth has the corners ground off and is ten thousandths higher than the rip teeth. The theory is that the triple chip tooth does the hogging out, and the rip tooth cleans up the kerf. I'm a big fan of them, personally.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

out
I'm familiar with TCG blades. Specifically, which Freud blade are you describing?
Sid

The one I've got is a 60 tooth Freud industrial "Heavy-Duty all-purpose" blade with a 10 degree hook. It's got an eighth inch kerf, and while it doesn't leave a perfectly flat bottom, it's pretty close. I don't have a saw with a long enough arbor for a dado stack yet, so I use this one, and make several passes. The two tiny ledges on either side of the cut come out very easily with a hand file or a sharp chisel. I cut about 40 dadoes with the thing today (set of bedside tables in maple and butternut, for the curious), and it worked like a charm- no chip-out at all. Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Personally, I would use a dado set and have "fingers" the width of the dado setting.
That said, chipout should not be a concern, as that han be handled with backer board.
-Steve

The Lynn's jig is the bomb man ! I made one too and really like being able to use my 1/8" blade for any width and any height - in fact, I can do variable spacing if I want to. Using the standard jig, any error is cummulative, with the Lynn Jig, you can adjust it out on each finger. I don't even do any test cuts anymore.
Don

Don,
What blade do you use with your Lynn?
Sid

too

Do you have a working link to the jig plans? Everything Google turns up is not found.
Thanks!
..Joe L

Found it - Yahoo search turned up http://www.leestyron.com/lynnjig.php
..Joe L

able
Do any of you guys have the plans for the Lynn's Box Jig? I've googled for the plans and all of the results point to netexperts which appears to be defunct. Could someone post them up to a web site somewhere or to the binaries group for download?
Thanks,
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net