What bandsaw blades?

I am getting a new bandsaw with a 2 horse motor. I know very little about the ins and outs of bandsaw blades and the type of cutting they do best. The saw will handle from 1/8 inch to 1 inch in width. What type of blades should I have? I will be doing some resawing and I will also want to cut some thin veniers from certain woods. I of course will be using it for basic cuts as well.

Any insight that keeps me from ruining good blades, wood or throwing away money would be helpful Eric

Reply to
Eric Olsen

Check out Suffolk Machinery's web site at:

make the highly recommended "Timberwolf" blades. They have some very good information on bandsaws and blades on their web site. Pay special attention to "Important - Did You Know", "The Six Rules Of Sawing" and "Troubleshooting" on the left side of the screen.

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

Check out Suffolk machine and ask them for what will suit your needs. In general, three blades will do most of what you need. A resaw blade, a 1/4" blade for most cutting and gentle curves, a 1/8" blade for more intricate work with a tighter radius.

The folks at Suffolk have good prices, will know what works best for your saw and can recommend blades best suited for your work. Get a set of Cool Blocks, take time to set up the saw properly, and get a Quick Crank for setting/relieving blade tension.

your new tool! Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

john carlson

Sufflok Machinery or Highland Hardware "WoodSlicer".

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey