What are the clips called for holding a tabletop to the frame?

Page 1 of 2
I Googled table top clips and didn't get anything that looked like those Z or S shaped metal clips that slide into a dado and then screw onto the bottom side of the table top. What's the correct nomenclature? I had a sudden change in plans late today during assembly of my oak desk. I was gonna glue the top to the frame, then thought better of it!
dave
Tabletop clips.
I got a couple of packages of these from Woodcraft. But lots of places sell them.

Laz,
if he had truly checked google he would have found the first two entries were what he was after (using "table top clips" as keywords). If he had scrolled down the page he'd have found a lot more. He can't have checked google.
Greg

Come on Greg. This is Tail Gunner Dave we're talking about. If he was interested in "table top clips" , he probaly typed in "metal things to hold a the top part of a table from coming off" + "most expensive" or some such.

OBWW, who uses them anyway? I find it's easier to cut up some buttons on the bandsaw (<US$500) and just screw them in. That's one of the better reasons for owning a bandsaw, to do the simple stuff quickly and easily. You can cut buttons faster than you can google search, phone, order and await delivery, and, let's face it, the darn things hang upside down under the table anyway where only the pan-lickers and ankle-biters see them.
I wonder if they sell triangular corner blocks for bracing, it's such a hassle cutting squares in half....
Greg

Well there you go. What are you doing assuming that TGD actually uses his tools to *make* things?
Want some OBWW? How's about dis:
http://musial.ws/images/Photos/Genealogy/SawmillSm.jpg It was my g.g. grandfather's sawmill in Wayne or Madison County, MO. Those are gen-u-ine Missour Mules pulling those loads and (from the sapwood/heardwood contrast) at least one in 5 of those logs are walnut. I'm only 2 hours (and about 100 years) away from there.
I'll post a few pictures when the desk is done so you can have a few more laughs. You and your ilk really crack me up with your superior attitudes. Kinda makes me ashamed to be associated, even in a peripheral, adversarial way, with any of you. For the time being I'll refer to you bozos as knuckle draggers in lie of miscreants.
Not enough of you watched "Sledgehammer" to know what the hell I've been talking about.
BTW, where do you guys find room for a shop in a double-wide, anyway?
dave
PM6564 wrote: snip

Mines in the basement
http://www.missouritrailertrash.com/stilts.jpg
LMAO! looks like it's ready for a 100 year flood! what a kick!
did you get that from Google Images? wish I had a fast connection so I could do faster picture searches. It takes longer than my patience to pull up a whole screen of images in Google.
dave
PM6564 wrote:

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 06:31:32 GMT, "PM6564"

It's the FallingWater of trailerhomes !

huh????/ the doublwide IS the shop dummy. jes slide the coffee table back and go to it! tv used to be beside the RAS but allas no mo tv. the lsat kickback on the table saw skeward the ol lady. she landed on the dog an killed him too. now they both gone and i sure do miss that dog. i was gonna have the shop out in the yard but then i would have to move all them thar wrecked vehicles ya know. might ruin the whole ambiance round here. skeez
On 13 Nov 2003, snipped-for-privacy@home.com spake unto rec.woodworking:

To make matters even worser, yore sweetheart of country music, Wynonna Judd, done got herself in a bit of a scrape. They shore did capture the essence of her beauty when they took the mug shot, though.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/wynonnajudd1.html
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:38:40 GMT, Scott Cramer

actually I DID google and I reviewed the first 100 of 55,000 hits and didn't see what I was looking for, nor when I did "z" clip which is what I thought they were called. thanks for no help. I'll check Woodcraft.
Just found them in Woodcraft - 2 bucks EACH! worth about 28 cents. and I want them tomorrow, so that isn't gonna work. they just call them table top fasteners. I'll forage around in the hardware section of HD or OSH...
If you EVER ask what something is called, I'll be sure to make disparaging remarks.
dave
PM6564 wrote:

You mean these: http://shop.woodcraft.com/Woodcraft/product_family.asp?family%5Fid 36&giftlse&0pt%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D10000%26Tree%3D%2CDepartments&1pt%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D1050%26Tree%3D0%2CHardware&2pt%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D2225%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D1%2CTable%20Hardware&Giftlse&mscssidk501E5E83A747389F9672D98CFCD25D ?
(Watch the word wrap of course)
Boy you really do overpay. They're not worth about 28 cents each. They're worth about 19.9 cents each. (see the little note that says "bag of 10"?)

What do you call the corn that's in a big turd?
HA! My bad!@ They are indeed a bag of 10. In the catalog the print is so small I didn't see "bag of 10". I was being generous when I said they were worth 28 cents... but I still want to get something tomorrow morning so I'll browse HD. Maybe they will surprise me and have them. and I'd even pay 28 cents a piece if I have to! :)
ah, a corn dog!
dave
PM6564 wrote:

http://shop.woodcraft.com/Woodcraft/product_family.asp?family%5Fid 36&giftlse&0pt%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D10000%26Tree%3D%2CDepartments&1pt%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D1050%26Tree%3D0%2CHardware&2pt%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D2225%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D1%2CTable%20Hardware&Giftlse&mscssidk501E5E83A747389F9672D98CFCD25D ?

Liar. You did nothing of the kind. I just Googled for "table top clips" and the _very_first_one_ in the list (of 252 hits, not fifty-five thousand) is what you're looking for. The same search, without the quotation marks, returns over 350,000 hits, but the _first_ one is still the same.

Dolt. That's two bucks for a bag of TEN.

Good luck finding them at HD.

tabletop to the frame" might be called "table top clips"?

I think this thread has convinced me of BAD's trollish nature. I'm new to woodworking, and it's obvious even to me that you'd never glue a top on a piece of furniture. Hard to believe Dave would be stupid enough to consider doing that, so apparently that was just bait.
Keith -amused spectator
Keith Carlson responds:

I wouldn't get too excited about either of them. Just to check, I ran two google checks on table top clips. One, just the words, brought up 595,000 hits. Using table+top+hits brought up 572,000 hits. It's quite possible the quotes would change it again.
Charlie Self
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." Sir Winston Churchill