What about the dial gauge HF is offering for TS alignment?

In their latest flyer they have a dial gauge on sale for 9 dollars or so. How would this be for a home shop? I don't want to spend 40 or 50 bucks for a home shop. If I were a pro I'd spend more. Thanks

Reply to
Ace

It will work fine. You clamp it onto your miter gauge or a block of wood clamped to your miter gauge and measure away. Be sure to keep the miter gauge pressed to one side of the slot the entire time. Nothing to it.

If you think about it, accurracy doesn't even matter because you're trying to adjust it to where there is no needle movement. Not that I think the HF dial isn't accurate.

Reply to
Bruce

In a setup like this, the dial gauge has to be precise, but not necessarily accurate.

todd.

Reply to
todd

I got one yesterday and have been playing with it. It seems okay, though buying the magnetic base was probably not necessary. Maybe I will find another use for it.

Reply to
Toller

Agreed. This is how I measured my new G1023S for square. Just a dial indicator on a stick. Don't see the need to spend lots of money on a commercial contraption that does the same thing.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

they work fine. just don't drop them.

I own several cheapies and several good ones. for my purposes they work the same. they have different configurations, and sometimes I want to have more than one in play at a time. Bridger

Reply to
Bridger

For setup of tablesaw and other wood shop tools it will be just fine. For another $10 or so you can also get their magnetic base.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman