What a tease from Black & Decker

Black & Decker. (I know, I know!) Anyway, I bought some time ago one of their detailing sanders (the Mouse) and all in all it's a handy little thing to have. When I bought it there were supplied several sanding pads of various grits - one of which was a super-fine 2000 (sic) grit. It is maginificent for that final pass before the last coat - just a whisper of friction removing the tiniest bumps in the finish. The problem is that you can't buy the pads separately. The B&D catalogue only goes up to 240 grit.
Nice guys, B&D. You expect me to buy a whole new rig every time I need some of these super-fine pads? Why bother to include them at all if you aren't going to offer replacements? Or were they supposed to last forever?
I think I'll be looking for a new detailing sander but can anyone advise (in UK) of light duty sanders that actually offer very fine grit replacement pads?
FoggyTown
On 16 Nov 2004 09:21:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mike Girouard) wrote:

http://www.fein.de/germany/en/products/multimaster.html
I don't how the mouse fastens the paper, but you can usually find grits 1000-2000 at auto parts stores.
Joe C.

Why not buy any old detail sander & cut the sandpaper to size with good ole' scisors??
Sam

On 16 Nov 2004 09:21:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mike Girouard) wrote:

MTBF on a Mouse sander is only about two sheets anyway (look in uk.d-i-y)
--
There's more than one way to skin a cat...

...but I still prefer the electric belt sander.