What a Dado Set is Not Good For.

My mood swings and the rather hot(100's) weather around here the past weeks have kept me from working much on completing my nightstand(aka somnae) that I mentioned here some week(s) ago. In making some parts for the thing I though I'd try making some of the frame joints a different way than I had in the past. FWIW the following documents what I went through in my conversion away from using my dado set to make lap joints. http://home.mchsi.com/%7Elarrylhote/halflap/halflap.htm
Larry
--
Lawrence L'Hote
Columbia, MO

weeks
that
in
conversion
On Monday I used the same technique for a small project I was working on. With no router and no dado blade I didn't have much alternative. I like your tenon jig. It got me thinking that if I attach my 90 and 45 degree jigs back to back (so it rides over the fence) it will be just about perfect.
-Jack
yes it sucked did'nt it. glad its over. We got Rain in KC Mo

weeks
that
in
conversion